Illinois-Chicago
Options

Videographer Recs

Hi Ladies! Does anyone have rec's for a videographer in the area? I am interested in someone who can provide a same-day-edit (video getting ready/ceremony and play a highlight reel at the reception) as part of their package. If you have any ball park idea of pricing as well and don't mind sharing I would appreciate it! TIA! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Videographer Recs

• Options
    edited December 2011

I wanted this done too, but our reception was immediately following the ceremony, so no videographer that I spoke to (quoted about 3) was able to do that in the short amount of time.

We ended up picking 'Go Wedding Video' out of Lockport. Haven't seen the final product yet. But our package was $1k.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had StillMotion as our cinematographer for our wedding and they did an SDE for us - they were well known in the industry for that and I was extremely happy with their product.  I will say they are pricey, and that they are based out of SF and Toronto so they are not local. 

However, for my daughter's first birthday I found another videographer  who is local -  one of their SDEs was posted to my MUA's blog and it was pretty good.  They did coverage for the birthday party but I haven't seen the final product yet.  They are still in college so perhaps they might be cheaper than the ones who do this fulltime.  The name is Pogi Video and you might want to reach out to them and see what their pricing is.  Here is the website where my MUA posted the SDE from Pogi: 

http://www.soniaroselli.com/

From my understanding of the SDE process, many videographers find this a daunting task - someone has to consolidate edit, color and add music for final output while someone else is still filming the wedding/reception.  It's a lot of pressure!

Good luck!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Shiloh video out of Aurora. I almost went with Go Wedding Video. I had set up a meeting with him and when I emailed to verify the meeting a few days before he cancelled. Clearly he had a better offer. It left a bad taste in my mouth that he couldn't be bothered to meet with me. Especially since I explained to him that I was only in town for that weekend (my fiance and I are both from out of town and only have limited weekend to do the planning in person). Anyway Shiloh video is also very reasonable. We got their biggest package for 1200 bucks, but they have a smaller package for 900.
  • Options
    TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Our videographer is Orange Wedding Films and I know they offer a same-day edit.  I love them!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Shiloh Studio. FI and I just signed with them on Friday for our wedding. We love their work and Chris (one of the lead videographers and likely the person you'd meet with for a preliminary consultation) is very genuine and nice. They have only been doing weddings for a couple of years and their pricing fairly reflects that. But I feel based on what I've seen they have a LOT of talent. They have the style that we were looking for, unlimited locations, the number of videographers we wanted, and the highlight film option which was really important to us. They also do the SDE that you are looking for. 

You can look at some of their here videos if you want, http://shilohstudio.biz/Shiloh_Studio/Wedding_Main.html

Good luck!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards