Illinois-Chicago
Options

is anyone doing a sand ceremony

Hi,

I'm working on my wording and layout of my programs.  I have a couple of questions relating to the sand ceremony.  I've been having trouble finding sample programs with the sand ceremony in them.

1).  Are you doing a sand ceremony?  If you are, are you just writing sand ceremony in the program?

2).  Are you having a soloist sing during the sand ceremony?  If so, how are you incorporating that into the program since that falls under sand ceremony?

3).  Are you listing the sand ceremony reading in the program or are you just putting sand ceremony and that includes everything?

This is what I have so far but I'm not crazy about it.

Sand Ceremony

Third Reading or Sand Ceremony Reading or Reading
Enter Reading Name here                                    (Reader’s name)

Pouring of the Sand
“The Hawaiian Wedding Song”                            (Soloist name)

Thanks for your help.

Re: is anyone doing a sand ceremony

• Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we're doing a sand ceremony but honestly I haven't thought about how to include it in the programs. Maybe just something like Unity Ceremony? We also haven't met with our music director so no idea on music for it.
    I'm sorry, I'm not much help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sand ceremony and that is what we are calling it. We will have a song played for this and will be listed in our programs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a Sand Ceremony, however, it is not in our program, however, our pastor has it mapped out on how he is doing it in our wedding.  We are going to have a love poem read while we are pouring the sand, as it will be more initimate and less disturbing than the music, as everyone can focus on what the sand pouring really means.

Many blessings to you on your wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards