Ohio-Columbus

Father/Daughter Dance Song

Any good suggestions for a Father/ Daughter song that isnt overused. I love Heartlands " I loved her first" and Tim McGraw "My little girl" but I feel like they are overused. Any other suggestions?

Re: Father/Daughter Dance Song

• edited December 2011
    Butterfly Kisses by Bob Carlisle. Super, super cute.  A little older, so not used as much now.

Stealing Cinderella by Chuck Wicks
    There Goes My Life by Kenney Chesney
    Ready, Set, Don't Go by Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus

I went the country route since that seems to be your flavor (mine too).  I'll probably be doing My Wish by Rascal Flatts, that is another option.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Luther Vandross's "Dance With My Father"  I cry everytime I hear it!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Why not ask your Dad if he has something in mind? My Dad had something in mind from the get go and there was no way I was telling him no.
  • edited December 2011
    I think my dad and I are dancing to because you loved me by celine dion
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are dancing to Somewhere Over the Rainbow...but it might be a little overused.  I haven't been able to find the perfect song either, and my dad has no preference.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    check out the lyrics to Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella". I knew this was my dad's favorite artist and even though I had never heard of it, I suggested it. He turned it down. Turns out, he had learned it on the guitar and sang it to me at the reception as a surprise!!!!  Incredible!!  Anyway, great song!
  • edited December 2011
    You could use "Then they do" by Trace Adkins or "Tough Little Boys" by Gary Allen. I am going to use one of these for my father/daughter dance. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using "Fix You" by Coldplay. Just because it has personal meaning for me and my dad. That and he learned how to play it on his guitar and surprised me for Christmas with it (with a bottle of wine and a box of tissues). Made me cry then and it will make me cry at my wedding.
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great ideas ladies! I never thought about asking him about it. I'm thinking giving him some of these options and letting him choose! Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    My dad and I are doing something a little different! Were starting off dancing to the first verse of "Butterfly Kisses."  Then the music will cut to a different song and we will be performing an "evolution of dance."  It's really cool if you have never seen it.  Then after the performance, the music will cut back to "Butterfly Kisses" for the final verse! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to surprise my dad and picked "Over the Rainbow" because it had such a special meaning to both of us. It was a total sobfest-  in a good way. If your dad doesn't give any input, you could also ask your DJ. They might suggest a great song after you describe your relationship or a special memory of you and your dad.
  • edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards