Illinois-Chicago
Options

Indoor photo location near St. Charles/Geneva

I am praying for good weather the day of the wedding (we have a backup indoor location), but I'm in need of another indoor location to take some pictures between the ceremony and reception in case of incliment weather. 

Anyone know of any places near the Geneva/St. Chalres area that we could do this?

Thanks!

Re: Indoor photo location near St. Charles/Geneva

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There is a really gorgeous roofed pavilion in Pottawatomie Park that could work in the rain.....check it out at this link...its the last picture on the page.

Also, the St. Charles Municipal building is really cool inside.  It has lots of stained glass windows and such. Check it out here

HTH.
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hey! Hopefully the weather cooperates with you. If not, maybe the old theatre next to Starbucks across from the St. Charles municipal bldg, the train station, Hotel Baker or a second on Potawatomie Park pavillion. If all else fails, grab an umbrella and have fun with it :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooo yeah I forgot about the Arcada.  Also, there is a historical society on Rt 64 in St. Charles.  I don't know Geneva that well, but the train station would definitely be fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
  • Options
    kmrazekkmrazek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  The train station is a great idea, as well as the others.  My FMIL says she has "already put in her order for good weather that day" so hopefully we won't have to worry about this!  I do have three large golf umbrellas though :)

If you prepare for it, it won't happen, right??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_indoor-photo-location-near-st-charlesgeneva?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:97b11868-591f-4b30-9808-40702e0a46f1Post:7b1b5ffa-6438-4b42-bc7e-3d6e0c05c287">Re: Indoor photo location near St. Charles/Geneva</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies!  The train station is a great idea, as well as the others.  My FMIL says she has "already put in her order for good weather that day" so hopefully we won't have to worry about this!  I do have three large golf umbrellas though :)<strong> If you prepare for it, it won't happen, right??</strong>
    Posted by kmrazek[/QUOTE]
    That is how I like to think about it!  Especially when it comes to carrying umbrellas....it NEVER rains when I have it!
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards