Illinois-Chicago
Options

Where to get CUTE wedding shoes???

Cant seem to find a pair of cute shoes online that dont cost hundreds of dollars! Any suggestions??? Are there any 'wedding shoe stores' in the suburbs (or even DT)???
Money mouth

Re: Where to get CUTE wedding shoes???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my shoes at www.coloriffics.com, if you want to go someplace in person there is a store called The Wedding Etc. in Downtown Downers Grove.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last time I was at DSW there were a lot of cute ones that would work for a wedding, especially if you aren't set on white. 
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Post Allison. I was wondering the same thing. I'm trying to find tiffany blue shoes to match the girl's dresses so I'm probably going to end up with some sort of dyeables. I just want to make sure I have comfy shoes. Well, they have to be super cute too, but you know what I mean. :)
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    truthhurtstruthhurts member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Zappos?

http://www.zappos.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zappos has a lot of bridal shoes under $100, and a good selection of dyeables. 

Also, check out endless.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at DSW... and they were on sale for 10 bucks! I went there not looking for wedding shoes but found these gorgeous caparros with a white rosette on the peep toe..they were exactly what I was looking for.  

I wouldnt' say they always have good stuff but it's worth trying there. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found some 9 West shoes on sale at Lord and Taylor. (9 West website has tons of sales!)
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Annie-I sent you a PM
  • Options
    edwinajonedwinajon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked myglassslipper dot com - they have some really good discounted shoes in their sales section but you can also go high end and buy designer shoes.  You will also see they have sister shops on the site that you can click to:  bridalshoes dot com and promshoes dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm all about The Wedding Etc in downtown Downers Grove.  Jean, the owner, is amazing.  She carries several lines of shoes and does all tinting in-house!!  Check her out...   http://theweddingetc.com/
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BFP Chart BFP 10/7/11 EDD 6/20/12 HB@7w 114
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from piperlime.com, but would also suggest zappos.com and 6pm.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like The Wedding Etc, too... However, I bought my shoes when I bought my dress at A'lamour in Barrington- they were having a super sale and even though my shoes are normally $120, I got them for $60. Sign up for email alerts at bridal boutiques and they will let you know about big sales like that.
    7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine from Blue Tux Shoes.  I liked them because they have blue bottoms and were dyeable.  I also liked My Glass Slipper.
  • Options
    bhagerty1180bhagerty1180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like Zappos.com.  Free shipping both ways and you have 365 days to return.  I wanted a few options to try on with my dress, so I ordered about 6 pair :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Blue Tux has super cute shoes. I just bought Touch Ups, Abby and am dying them green. I also bought really pretty show clips to spice them up a little bit.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7360322/c/933.html?gclid=CIy_7-zgs58CFREMDQod4RJ80w

http://www.absolutelyaudrey.com/Grace_Shoe_Clips_p/sc0002.htm

They are pretty comfy I think. I needed short shoes bc my dress isn't super long.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I agree-- love zappos. Takes some of the fun out of shopping for the shoes since you can't try them on first, but sending them back is super easy if you don't love them.

Not everyone will agree, but really, no one sees your shoes.... you won't get to wear anything you wear at your wedding again. But if you find a super cute pair of shoes you love, you'll wear them again and think about your wedding every time you put them on...or save them and wear them every wedding anniversary.

Mine are adorable blue suede pumps-- blue isn't one of my colors but  I love love love them and they're my something blue. Plus they're super comfy franco sartos and were like $80

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just posted this separately, but check out the sales at Blue Tux!

http://www.shopbluetux.com/category_s/87.htm
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW-ZA!!! Gracias ladies!!!!!! Kiss
  • Options
    ejvoightejvoight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at The Left Bank in Chicago.  It's a little drive but totally worth it.  Mine were $125 but they're constructed very well. They're a brand called Grace.  The ladies at this store were very nice and helpful too, and also helped with a few shoe accessories that will make them even more comfortable.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards