Illinois-Chicago
Options

Looking for Reception Hall in or near Oak Brook

I have been tearing my hair out looking for an affordable hall for a reception in or around Oak Brook or Lombard for an October 2010 wedding, about 120 guests.  There are a lot of gorgeous places in that area, but we are trying to avoid paying $100/plate.  Our church where the wedding will be held is in Westchester, and we are trying to avoid having people drive a long distance, since we have a lot of out-of-towners.  Any suggestions for a reasonably priced reception location in that area, with food that's good but not super fancy?

Re: Looking for Reception Hall in or near Oak Brook

• Options
    Mags04Mags04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Oak Brook Bath and Tennis Club?  I'm not sure of their plate costs or Saturday minimum but I've heard good things about them.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
    BFP 12/31/12 ~ EDD 9/13/13
    BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister had her wedding at the Katherine Legge Memorial Lodge in Hinsdale.  I don't know exact prices but I think it was very affordable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at Drury Lane?  Maggiano's, Tuscanys...there are quite a few hotels and restaurants between Oak Brook and Westchester, maybe something not so close to Oak Brook would have prices within your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes Drury Lane is nice and affordable
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, the Oak Brook Renaissance is fairly inexpensive, and their ballroom is on the top floor of the hotel, which makes for a nice view.  Windows on 3 sides of the ballroom too.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    nighsparrownighsparrow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your suggestions, all!  Unfortunately, quite a few of the places I called today do not have our date available, including Maggianos and Katherine Legge Memorial Lodge.  Drury Lane may be affordable, but they have a 175 guest minimum on Saturday night--quite a bit more than the 120 we expect to attend.  If anyone else has a great location we have overlooked, please let me know!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards