Illinois-Chicago

NWR - We got a house

So, we have been looking since December but we wanted a multi unit close to public transit and our selection is limited.  So after our last 2 FULL PRICE offers fell though because of the sellers we finally got one to stick in Albany Park!  It is 3 units and here are the pictures of the one we are living in.  Lets just hope the home inspection tomorrow goes well!

Re: NWR - We got a house

• edited December 2011

It's beautiful!!! Congrats!!

• aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! So, do you plan on renting out the other units?
  • edited December 2011
    yea.  we are going to live in the 2 bedroom and rent out the other 2 units - which are 3 bedrooms
  • edited December 2011
    That unit is beautiful.

FI and I want to move to Albany Park once we get jobs closer to the city. I am very jealous.
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    Beautiful! Congratulations!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    wow, that's awesome!! Do either of you have experience being a landlord or have you owned before?

DH and I have considered buying a place with multi-units to renting out to help with the mortgage; but we're not completely settled on this idea since neither of us have ever owned.

Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    and the home inspection BOMBED!  Fire hazards, mold damage, electrical problems, ect.
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bummer! Sorry!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_nwr-got-house?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:9848775b-06ea-45e7-bdc5-12d2225a7f78Post:3a2ec61a-4bde-465b-bdf0-8c4969280d8f">Re: NWR - We got a house</a>:
    [QUOTE]and the home inspection BOMBED!  Fire hazards, mold damage, electrical problems, ect.
    Posted by skybrie[/QUOTE]

Oh man! Sorry to hear that. Will you still go through with the purchase? Maybe they can give you credits towards the closing costs. I just bought a townhouse last year, so as a tip, if you ask the current owner to fix some of those things, they will do it as cheap as possible. It would be worth it to get a credit cost and pay to have it done right. Good luck with everything!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards