Illinois-Chicago

Empress Banquets in Addison, Il

I wanted to know if anyone has had their reception at Empress Banquets, I heard they were affordable. I seen pictures from the site and i think the place looks beautiful but we are paying out of pocket and trying to find something affordable I'm looking to have 100-150 but really want to keep it at 100 but me and my fiance are mexican and we both have big families so we'll see. I wanted to ask how much you spent on the hall and how many guest you had.

If you know any other places that are affordable the information will be greatly appreciated. I live in Glendale Heights, Il so around this area.

Re: Empress Banquets in Addison, Il

• edited December 2011
    Hi!

I got married in July 30, 2011 and Empress Banquets is one of the places we went to look at, it was nice but we did not get convinced by the area and how small it is. The prices were ok.

I should really recommend to stop by Meridian Banquets in Arilington Heights, this was our reception place and was really affordable and EXCELLENT service from day one.

I am Mexican and he is Polish-American and we had a 135 guests, and the total price of reception with open bar, dinner, dessert, cake, rental fee included, hors douvres, late night pizza, linens, taxes was around 10,000 an average of 58 per person, not bad at all. Llike i said, it is a suggestion and does not hurt to take a look. The place is much bigger than Empress and looks way nicer, you will love the lobby atrium. All i can tell you is that i ABSOLUTELY recommend Meridian Banquets and every single guest was soooooo happy with all the food and service.

If you have any questions please let me know and good look on the venue hunting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • vmoran32vmoran32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding there in December 2009. It was very pretty. They recently remodled.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • roxiems75roxiems75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Meridan in Rolling Meadows.  That was on my list, but we went with Venuti's in Addison on Lake street.  They have a min charge for the room.  So that means that you must spend $14,000 in food and drinks to have the room.  You can split the money how every you want between the food and drinks.  they offer a lot and it is very nice inside.  if Ventui's was book then we wanted Meridan.  So take a look around.  A friend had their wedding at VIilla Olivia in Bartlett very reasonable.  Itasca country club is another place very reasonable.  you do not have to be a memeber at Itasca to have a wedding there.  I hope this heps. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies and i'll definetly look at Meridian Banquets but where did you have ceremony? Im not really a memeber of a church, I baptise my daughter at St. Hubert in Hoffman Estates so i'm thinking they'll let us get married there?
  • I recently booked my wedding for Nov 2012, very excited to see the renovation. Gus was very patient with all our questions. He offered us great pricing! I can't wait to see what our wedding will be like. I know Gus will take very good care of us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards