Illinois-Chicago
Options

HELP!! Need ideas for TIME GAP

My ceremony and reception are a few hours apart. Ceremony church is close to the loop and my reception is close to Rosemont. I have a good amount of out of town guest and locals that live in the suburbs attending the wedding and would like to host something for them to do in the time between ceremony and reception. I do not have a  big house available to use in the nearby either, being as my parents live in the southwest suburbs and my future in laws are from out of state. Someone gave me the idea to do a trolley tour for those guests but after doing research, that can get pricey. Anyone have any ideas that could be cost-effective and close or central to either ceremony or reception.

Thanks in advance. I'm stressing about this!!
Mrs. F 9-18-10

Re: HELP!! Need ideas for TIME GAP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you blocking rooms at a hotel for your guests or recommending a hotel for them to stay?  You could see if that hotel could set up a hospitality suite with water, soft drinks, and light snacks.
  • Options
    morgie44morgie44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also suggest that you try to set up a hospitality suite at either the room block or if there is a smaller room at your reception site. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know how much the trolley tours are and/or what your budget is, but you could also try the Chicago architecture boat tours.  I would be surprised if they didn't have a group discount.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to offer a bus or trolley tour of downtown for our guests, but we only have to get them from Lakeview to downtown, so they don't have to go very far.  Because you have to get your guests all the way to Rosemont, I would't recommend trolleys.  From what I have been told, they are not terribly comfortable for long rides.  Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards