Illinois-Chicago

on-site hair and makeup - need recommendations

Hi,

I'm planning my wedding from out of town, and I'm having a hard time finding someone to come to our hotel (in Oak Brook) to do hair and makeup.  I'd like for all of my bridesmaids to have their hair done (there are 6) and then makeup for just me.  I have heard great things about Cynthia Sally, but they will only come and do makeup service if there are 4+ people.  I am still considering having my bridesmaids' makeup done, but it is just so expensive and I would not ask them to pay for it themselves.

Any recommendations for both hair and makeup on-site?

Thanks!

Re: on-site hair and makeup - need recommendations

• edited December 2011
    Hello!
    I'm working with Maris from Cynthia Sally and she's amazing for my make-up as well as my bridesmaids. I agree that it's pretty pricey, but I asked my girls to buy their dresses and shoes, so I'm treating them to a little day of beauty for my wedding.  :)

For hair, I'm working with Debbie at London's Page.  She's coming to our hotel in Winnetka and she's super nice and easy to work with.  I highly recommend her!  Tell her Sarah sent you!
    www.londonspage.com

Good luck!  :)
  • heyyjude7heyyjude7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Jaycie Kurfess, Make up by Jaycie.  She is amazing!  I had my trial last weekend, and I know I will look fabulous as a result!  She will travel anywhere in the Chicago area too!
  • pajarito81pajarito81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    www.antonettewhite.com

Antonette did my wedding and my bridal party. God she is talented! I actually found her in a chicago bridal magazine. My Goddaughter recently used her too  for her quinceanera and her hair and makeup were AMAZING! I would highly refer her any day. SHe's punctual and very professional and experienced. You can see her work on her website.
    Mrs. F 9-18-10
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Tamara Makeup + Hair Artistry...Tamara for makeup and Mel for hair.  I went off a few recommendations here.  I was very pleased with my trial.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Deb Jones from Deux Salon in Elmhurst. She came to my mom's house and did my hair and make-up. It was $125 total, including false eye lashes. My make-up stayed ALL NIGHT through all the dancing and my hair still looked good the next morning! My friend also used her for her wedding a few weeks ago and even in the heat, her makeup and hair stayed put. She also did BM's hair, which was $65. She is awesome and very reasonable.
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I used Tamara makeup and hair as well. LOVED THEM!! They did my whole wedding party and everyone looked fantastic! 
  • edited December 2011
    Im using Tamara Makeup+Hair Artistry too!! Im so glad to hear great things. I have my trial with them next month..i sent in my contract based just off of there reviews. Im soo excited! I love there portfolio online!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards