Illinois-Chicago

Last Name--Upgrade?

With your new last name, are you moving up in the alphabet or did you drop lower?

I'm going from a W to a P, very excited about that!!

Re: Last Name--Upgrade?

• roxiems75roxiems75 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im moving up too from S to L. 
  • edited December 2011

From a W to an F  :-)

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From a K to a P
  • edited December 2011
    From an M to an F-upgrade!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I won´t change my last name (i am so happy with it and FI loves it)......My last name is Fuentes and his last name iss Krawczyk, so as you can see.....it wouln't upgrade at all lol.......

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'll be moving from F to H so it's a downgrade alphabet-wise. However, my new last name will be much easier to pronounce!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_last-name-upgrade?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:a7fa3dc8-b917-459d-b2e7-82a5e9712004Post:276176be-c37d-453d-998e-502d43781d59">Re: Last Name--Upgrade?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be moving from F to H so it's a downgrade alphabet-wise. However, my new last name will be much easier to pronounce!
    Posted by Cony&Ben[/QUOTE]

Same here. M to S, easier to pronouce for sure, but dang I'll miss my mid-alphabet spot. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't decided to change my name yet but this is the number one reason for me to change it- R to B! And his is much easier to spell.
    Anniversary image
  • edited December 2011
    S to a D and now I have the Irish last name to match the first name and face! Win win!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going from an L to an M - so not a big change, but his will be easier for people to pronounce I bet!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    L to S....and not much better in the pronunciation/spelling department. Not to mention my new last name is German, which will be interesting explaining since I'm half Chinese :)
  • edited December 2011
    Im going from an O to an S and going from a last name you couldnt mess up to a last name everyone messes up. Im kind of excited to have a very unique last name though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going from B to W. I might need therapy. ;) At least I like his name better than mine!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We both have M last names so no move. I'm really excited that my initials get to stay the same.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • daizee32daizee32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I change my name, I will be going from a Z to a B! 
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I went from a Z to an H and was very excited.  
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_last-name-upgrade?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:a7fa3dc8-b917-459d-b2e7-82a5e9712004Post:0c9504fe-3bf2-4969-9f14-07b95d3877e3">Re: Last Name--Upgrade?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went from a Z to an H and was very excited.  
    Posted by MrsLibrarian[/QUOTE]

Lol, me too!! Mine was a complete upgrade.

My maiden name was hyphenated, the first last name started with Z and was polish (so really hard to pronounce).

Now I'm Hannah Ha_____; much easier to say/shorter and I think it's cute to have the "Ha" alteration-type thing going on.
  • rombacjarombacja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm R to a B and I'm pumped. Not only about moving up in the alphabet but also b/c I like FI's name so much more!
  • gottadance64gottadance64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    from a C to an S...whawhawha....LOL, but I'm still happy to have a name change - don't particularly like my last name, although I think the hardest thing will be changing my signature!  I wonder how long that will take to get used to?
    Daring to dream a bigger dream
  • ashleylinkashleylink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't decide if I will change my name or not.  If I do, I go from an easy L to a somewhat tough G...and I'm a teacher.  It will be very weird!
  • edited December 2011
    I know how you feel ashleylink!  I'm a teacher too and its' going to be strange getting used to being called a different name 100 times a day.  I'm not changing initials though, S to an S.  But I love my last name, it is hard to give it up.  I do plan to change it though as I think it makes things easier as a family especially when we have kids.  I'm not into the hyphenation thing either.  So I go from a french sounding last name to a german one... lol.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went from an F to an N and to a Polish last name that should be easier to pronounce than my Puerto Rican maiden name, but people still have difficulty because of the spelling. It ends in "CH" as in "chair" but people always pronounce it as "CK" as in "back". Its better than the usual complete butchering of my maiden name, though, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards