Illinois-Chicago
Options

Is this nice enough...

We were thinking of having our rehearsal dinner at The Palm in the Swissotel. I am wondering if it is nice enough for a rehearsal dinner. I like the food there, but I am worried about the decor. What are your thoughts?

Re: Is this nice enough...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A rehearsal dinner can be as formal or informal as you make it.  It can be "nice" either way-- are you wanting something really formal?  To me, I wouldn't stress too much about the formality level of a rehearsal dinner.  The formal event is the next day.
    Wedding Date: January 16th, 2010

Cycle #5: BFP on June 14, 2011 -- Due Date: February 23, 2012 -- Born: February 26, 2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Palm is definatley nice enough! It is world reknown, people will definatley not think you skimped, and they have great atmosphere
    nikiplanning.weebly.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ditto Ainslie!  Our rehearsal dinner is at a pizza place :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ours is pizza place too!  :D

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing Mia Francesca....we had our first date there!!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • Options
    jhwkgirljhwkgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you want to talk about wall decor...we're having our rehearsal dinner at Gino's East - which is the epitome of graffiti'd walls and the looks of a NYC alley!  We don't care because the theme of our wedding is "Chicago" and where can you have a more Chicago place than The Original Gino's East?  We're doing pizza buffet and beer/wine under a per person package.

The Palm is a very nice restaurant.  They have caricatures on the wall but they are framed and it has a really warm wood/dark feel to it.  It's a nice place and food itself is really fancy/pricey.  Good choice!  But remember, it doesn't have to be fancy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards