Illinois-Chicago
Options

Cruise or no cruise

We have never been on a cruise and were thinking about it for our honeymoon. There are so many choices ,Does anyone have a recommendation of a cruise line. I don't like being in one place at one time and figured this was the best way to see the Caribbean.

Re: Cruise or no cruise

• Options
    H and I did a cruise over my winter break for our honeymoon. There were positives or negatives. Personally, we didn't like it because there were too many kids running around and we didn't get to see a lot of the culture. But we prefer adventure travel and cruises aren't really that type of travel. I also had a lot of trouble with the movement of the ship.

I would try and find a cruise that isn't kid friendly. Kids running around and using the entire pol drove us nuts while we were there. Also, if you go on cruisecritic.com, you can find out things about the individual rooms for the ships you are looking through.

There are always lots of deals avaiable- your credit card probably has a ton of deals where you get extra points or something by using their card to book.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    I love cruises, although we will not be taking one for our honeymoon.  However, I think it depends on the time of year you're going.  My fi and I went on a cruise just after getting engaged last September. There were about 65 honeymoon couples and about 12 kids total on the whole ship.  It was right after everyone went back to school, so I think that's why it was mostly adults.  You get to do as much or as little as you like on a cruise and I love the ability to beach-hop from port to port.  My favorite line is Royal Caribbean.  I also think cruising is pretty affordable compared to some other vacation possibiities.  Good luck planning!
  • Options
    My husband and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon and loved it.  We went in May and cruised NCL.  
    0637_IMG_9731 Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards