Illinois-Chicago
Options

Who was your officiant?? Because I need one :)

Our wedding ceremony is at the Joliet Park District Horticulture Center & they were kind enough to supply a list of wedding officiants but I would like to know who you used first! My FI and I need a non denominational officiant but would like someone who can be personable and fun and also knows what he/she is doing. Any great ideas ladies? It can even be a preacher or minister as long as they are just willing to wear a suit instead of their normal church attire. Also, (because I have no idea) how much does this cost?? TIA!

Re: Who was your officiant?? Because I need one :)

• Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rent a Rev - highly recommend but he is pricey.  Good luck!
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    GinaK119GinaK119 member
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rev Thomas Perrucci. His rates are very resonable. We met with him for over 2 hours and he seems very fun and has tons of experience. I would def look into him.
  • Options
    ltleenltleen member
    edited December 2011
    The Rev for Whatev!! www.revforwhatev.com

We haven't had our ceremony yet, but we've met with her and we were taken with her personality, sense of humor, and professionalism right away. She's an ordained interfaith minister, but she can do pretty much any type of ceremony at all. She's super open-minded, too.

The ceremony she's doing for us was very customizable. She provided the template, and we're allowed to add/subtract/tweak, etc as much as we want. And her fee is $225, which seems pretty reasonable based on the alternatives we've checked. Definitely recommend you send her an email!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rev Elizabeth Harding. We are getting married in 38 days. She is $500 and our ceremony is customized as we got to pick out every section of it, she is telling our love story during it. She meets with each couple 3 xs - one time is a counseling session, which was really great. Her website is midwestceremoies.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    SO glad I peaked into this thread... Rev. Renberg (Rent-A-Rev) is booked for my date, and I'm pretty much heartbroken.

... so we're still in the market too!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Rev. Lindvall from Clergy for Weddings (www.clergyforweddings.com). My wedding is still 8 months away, but my FI and I really liked him.  He does all sorts of weddings - religious, non-religious, hybrid, etc.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    THANK YOU ALL! I will definitely look into all of your recommendations! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't found one yet:

We had Rev. Bob Guntorius and we absolutely LOVED him!!
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards