Illinois-Chicago

Bridal Expo

Is anyone going to the Bridal Expo in Schaumburg this September? Ive never been to one and not really sure what to expect? Is it worth going to? We are planning on getting married out of state so I'm not looking for venue ideas here in Chicago. I'm thinking it will be fun to just go and look for ideas.
Thoughts? Experiences?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Expo

• barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Egh, it's fun for ideas and such but I didn't get much out of it.  A lot of people hounding you to get your email (make up a fake one just for this event) and lots of pushy brides.  It was okay.
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011

I agree with PP. I went to one but it was mostly to talk to specific vendors (DJ, Limo, Invites). They also sometimes give discounts for seeing them at the bridal show and setting up an appt with them. We got $300 off our DJ this way. If you are just looking for ideas/inspiration it might not be worth your time, but I do agree that you should make a different email address to use because they will send you a lot of junk. If you do go, have fun! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BetsyGIles19BetsyGIles19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They can be craaaazy but you can find good ideas and vendors you wouldn't have known about otherwise.  I would make up an email address for wedding stuff and print out labels with your information.  The labels help like crazy.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG! BIGGEST WASTE OF TIME EVER! You will be hounded by millions of emails and phone calls afterwards. There are waaay too many people crammed in one space! And if you plan on getting married in the suburbs, the vendors there won't likely be of any help. The only part i enjoyed was testing out the photobooths...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I enjoyed going to bridal shows and won some free stuff (like, legit free stuff... a $50 gift card to BB&B!).  I think its worth it, they have floral displays and you can get discounts on vendors. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards