Illinois-Chicago
Options

Engagement Photo Session - outfit and location?

We are getting our engagement photos shot in a few weeks and the session is only 90 minutes. We are going through George Street Photo and they asked us to pick the location (was hoping they'd give suggestions). We live in Old Town so was thinking of going to lincoln park by the lake.. Anyone have any good ideas on where to go and what to wear? It will probably still be chilly out :( Do you think i'll have time to change if the whole thing is only 90 minutes or just stick to 1 outfit?

Re: Engagement Photo Session - outfit and location?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You could layer your outfit so it's easier to change the look without completely changing clothes.  We only had an hour for our session and I just changed my top (I actually wore the top under my sweater and then had another cardigan in a bag I carried with.

Lincoln Park is definitely a nice area.  We had our session last April and walked along Michigan Avenue because they had all of the tulips planted in the middle of the street and in front of the Water Tower.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    PP's idea to layer for outfit changes in great.

Can FI wear a coat or sweater over a button-up shirt, polo or t-shirt?

I think 90 minutes is sufficient for 2 outfits.  I did that for our e-pics.  Just make sure you have somewhere to change so you dont have to go out of your way and waste time.

Lincoln Park is pretty, especially by the ponds!  We shot our pictures at Navy Pier and outside of the Pier at Olive Park (I think that's what its called).  They turned out great.

Have fun!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think our epics took about 90ish minutes too. We took some at the Museum Campus and I wore jeans and tank top; FI wore more causual khakis and a button down shirt. We also took some in football jerseys so I just threw that on over my top.  We took others in the Loop at Daley Plaza and near the Chicago Theatre. I changed in the car to a dress and FI just changed his shirt. 

Like pp's said--you could just bring some layers w/you and find a bathroom somewhere to change quickly?
  • Options
    jonkim902jonkim902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did our e-session at O'Hare.

Check out Alfred caldwell lily pool.  Came across some e-session pics and wedding pics that were taken there and looks like a nice location.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are dressing casual and our photos will be taken at Delwood park in Lockport. Our friend is our photographer so she has set a time limit which is nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards