Illinois-Chicago
Options

In need of help from my fellow CHICAGO bridess!!

i just moved to chicago and i need all the help i can get planning my wedding!!  i thought about getting a wedding planner to help me but i dont even know a wedding planner in the area that i trust let alone any vendors to plan on my own!! ) = if anyone has any suggestions on wedding planners or vendors please share!! im a new bride to be lost in the chicago area !!

Re: In need of help from my fellow CHICAGO bridess!!

• Options
    Over the next couple of weeks (I would guess, since the season is here) a lot of knotties post reviews of their vendors on here after their weddings are over. It was a great help for me, I actually picked four of them based on reviews. For the most part, if a vendor is very helpful, knotties will brag about their services. If it helps, these are the ones I picked with the help of knotties:
    DJ: Roberto Monastero Entertainment - Officiant: Anne Styx - Videographer: Modern Image and Kathleen Thame for Boudoir Photos (a def must!). Congrats & good luck :)
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    If you look at the top of the board there is also a post about local vendors; peruse that!
  • Options
    If you have a car and can get out to Schiller Park, call Mary Catomy for alterations the second you have a dress.
  • Options
    Do you have a venue yet?  That should be your first step.  Some venues will have vendors that they require you use.  At the very least, a good venue coordinator will be able to give you a preferred list of vendors that they're familiar with and have worked with often.
  • Options
    Agree with PP. 

What part of Chicago do you want to get married in? Are you in the city? How many people are you inviting? 

I am getting married in the city so I can give suggestions if you are as well.... but my wedding hasn't happened yet so I don't have day of advice yet :)
  • Options
    I just got married Sat. and had the best vendors.  Kevin from Jolie Images (Photographer), Mike from MDM Entertainment (DJ), and Dalia from Main Stream Beauty (Mobile Hair and Makeup).  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    I second the Officiant recommendation - Rev. Anne Styx.  She was absolutely WONDERFUL.  Very easy to work with and did a fabulous job.  

Our favorite vendor was the photographer - Colin Lyons.  AMAZING.  He has shot so many weddings, but has a true passion and willingness to make everything your own and not cookie cutter.  Hands down our favorite vendor and worth absolutely every penny! 

In terms of catering - that will mainly be venue specific.  Many city venues require you to choose a caterer from a pre-approved list.  I had a TERRIBLE experience with my caterer on the day of (Jewell Catering).  Up to that point communication and everything with so-so or to be expected, but they literally dropped the ball on my wedding day.  It did not ruin my wedding, but in hindsight my guests and I noticed their lack of professionalism and unwillingness to carry out instructions.  At one point the bartender argued with my husband about what to do with the leftover liquor.  We purchased & provided the liquor AND maintained possession of it - the bartender wanted to take it home with him . . .  So disappointed.  Be careful when choosing a caterer and do not be afraid to firma and negotiate EVERYTHING. 
  • Options
    amyb140amyb140 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I highly recommend Five Grain Events for any kind of coordination - we used them for Day-of coordination and it was the best money we spent.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Agree with PP that vendor reviews on here are a good way to go.  I just got married last saturday and will be posting mine soon - all were fantastic!  In the meantime, if you are looking for a good planner or day of coordinator with great ideas who is just generally awesome, I recommend Wedding Now.  Allie is the best, she helped make our day totally perfect and efforless for us.

good luck!
  • Options
    You should attend some bridal shows too.  I'm not originally from the area, so I attended some bridal shows just to give me some ideas for planning.  They are fun too!  Although, prepare yourself because you will be added to many mailing lists, but bridal shows are a good way to get discounts!
  • Options
    Im in a similar situation as the new bride in chicago as well. Someone in another forum suggested the Wedding Salon bridal show in chicago, i looked it up on the computer and it looks great, seems like you could get everything you need right there. My sister went to the one in Ny and said it was amazing. She said David Tuteria was there from some bride show on tv and the guy from cake boss ( = she said it was alot of fun, so thats a suggestion to take a look at it and try to get there and visit if you can, might be a big help!

GOOD LUCK ( =
  • Options
    Im going to the wedding salon bridal show on june 4th at the Sax Chicago its from 4-8 and i found a complimentary code on another post so i thought i would share it with you ladies!!
     Its, SMCC, just go on the website and register there with that code.. Hope to see some of you ladies there and it helps you guys out as much as i heard it will (=
  • Options
    Im going to the wedding salon bridal show on june 4th at the Sax Chicago its from 4-8 and i found a complimentary code on another post so i thought i would share it with you ladies!!
     Its, SMCC, just go on the website and register there with that code.. Hope to see some of you ladies there and it helps you guys out as much as i heard it will (=
  • Options
    If you need an amazing wedding planner I highly recommend Karolina Warren from www.weddingsbykarolina.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards