Illinois-Chicago
Options

Groom/Daughter Dance Song

so my DF has been around my daughter since she was 6mo and she will be turning 4 a month before our wedding and we decided instead of me doing a daddy/daughter dance (as i don't speak to my father) that they would do a daddy/daughter dance instead. But i am having the hardest time finding THE perfect song. my mom suggested "Cinderella" or "Butterfly Kisses" but i figured thats a common song. i like the song "He Didn't Have to Be" but it's about a little boy...not a little girl. so i'm looking for suggestions.

thanks in advance
Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Groom/Daughter Dance Song

• Options
    ARJ6511ARJ6511 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest Cinderella. I love that song!
    BabyFruit Ticker www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think thats the one i am leaning towards :) thanks!

i posted this in the reception ideas forum and a bunch of brides attacked the fact that i am including my daughter in OUR important day rather than giving me a song suggestion or simply not saying anything at all! i am literally in tears!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine to include her for somethign like this.  We danced to "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon.  Maybe look at those lyrics?  It's a tiny bit of a faster pace, which would be good for a 4 yr old!
  • Options
    Jacqueline210Jacqueline210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is important to include children in weddings. Marriages affect them, so I can see how a child would feel hurt or confused to be excluded when their lives are changing in a major way. A marriage that involves children is not about the joining of two people, it's about the creation of a family. All that is to say, don't listen to the posters who tell you children shouldn't have a part in your wedding celebration.

Personally I like faster songs for father/daughter dances. Are there any songs that the two of them have as an inside joke? When I was a kid, I had tons with my dad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am SOO sorry people were rude to you in the reception forum - - - no one has a right to be so rude to anyone, especially someone they do not know.  Some people on these boards need to get over themselves and just wish others well.

I just PM'd you some thoughts/ideas.

best wishes!
  • Options
    What about "Daddy Let's Dance" by Jaime Tate?

Also, forgot about those rude people... I love your idea and I'm sure your guests will too!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards