Illinois-Chicago
Options

Dress shopping - budget

Hello,
Can anybody suggest where I can find a good selection of wedding dresses fairly cheap? My dress budget is around $500-600. I've been to David's Bridal and liked 1 dress, but not entirely sold on it yet. I am thinking of going to HOB soon. Any other suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress shopping - budget

• Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I purchased my dress at Eva's Bridal in Oak Lawn for under $600.  They had a fire last year, so I'm not certain they are at their new location yet; you might check their website.
  • Options
    MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Mori Lee dress was in that range, you can find that line at Here Comes The Bride in Addison (Aimers also had a Mori Lee dress!)
    Alfred Angelo gowns are in that range too!
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh yeah, thanks Mrspaps--I forgot to mention that! Aren't Maggie Sottero dresses under or around $600 too?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are going to HOB in Oak Lawn by any chance I'd skip it. They were rude and horrible. And their big "sale" was a joke. They were worse than any car salesperson with their price games! 

I've heard great things about Eva's Bridal and I spoke with someone there a few weeks ago who said they would be opening "very soon." But keep in mind they had orginally said they were opening in August. So who knows when they'll be open.

Anyway I got my dress from David's Bridal and they were great! And it was $300 below my budget!! Cha-ching! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure when your wedding is BUT I bought an amazing gown at Running of the Brides at Filene's Basement in September. I was nervous about the "craziness" other people referenced but it was an awesome experience. For $300, I bought a gorgeous drop waist beaded gown with a chapel train. It was an amazing deal - literally 90% off!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was at a bridal event yesterday and there was a rep there from Eva's in Oak Lawn and they said the new store will be open November 1st incase you were interested in going there.
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards