Illinois-Chicago

Comfortable Heels

Setting aside price, is there a particular brand of heels that have a reputation of being comfortable.  Since I gotta stand up and wear 'em all day I am thinking this may be my slurge.  

Thanks!

Re: Comfortable Heels

• ErinC85ErinC85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure about particular brands that are really cute and comfy, but I'm definitely getting inserts for whatever shoes I choose. HTH.
  • edited December 2011
    I find that more expensive shoes typically are comfortable.  I know Cole Haan has really cute bridal shoes and nike works with them to build their insoles.
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I just ordered a pair of Cole Haan peep toe sling backs and they are comfortable.  It feels like a gym shoe under the sole of your feet!  I have had multiple brides tell me David's Bridal shoes are some of the most comfortable heels they own also..go figure?!
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • edited December 2011
    Some of my BM never wear heels but when they tried on wedges at DB, they couldn't believe how comfortable they were, and these are 4" heels. My shoes are Nine West and I thought they were reasonably comfortable. For me comfortable heels depends completely on how well they are constructed.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried on a pair of satin peep-toe beauties at James Ciccoti in Lincoln Park and OMG I was in heaven! They are Italian-made, very lightweight, and can be dyed. I have pretty sensitive feet (I blister easily), and can usually tell right away if a shoe will cause problems for me; this shoe was nothing like I have ever tried. Its a MAJOR splurge, but I think I'm gonna go with those for mine. 

• ejvoightejvoight member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my bridal shoes from a store called The Left Bank in Chicago.  They're by a designer called Grace and are extremely well constructed.  I haven't worn them around the house at all yet, but they were very comfortable upon first try-on.  The ladies working at this shop were also super helpful and sweet, and also gave me a few tips (like inserts and little things that clip on the heel so you have a little more stability and won't dig into the ground.  Definitely recommend checking them out!
  • edited December 2011
    I second James Ciccoti- I wore mine for about 12 hrs and my feet felt great by the end of the night....  Ive also heard good things abou the cole haan bridal shoes. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards