Illinois-Chicago
Options

Invitation Emergency

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I'm having trouble searching for it.

Where's a good place to get customized invitations (ie a brick-and-mortar store)?

I've been searching for designs on several online sites for months, finally settled on the one design me and my parents agreed on, but the company can't change it to the color we want! I just want to be able to specify a design style and color, and have someone take care of the rest! (It's difficult finding simple invitations which have deep red as a main color).

Re: Invitation Emergency

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I saw a big book of invites to pick from at Swoozie's - not sure if they have red, but they seemed to have a big selection.

Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    paper source has a lot in a variety of colors. 
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Paper Source is great, there is also a woman who does them inside the HOB Schaumburg.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cards & Pockets is where a lot of knotties get their DIY supplies for invites http://www.cardsandpockets.com/

Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Paper Source. you can either walk in or set up an appointment for a guaranteed time slot. they go over the prices and options with you and you order from them directly. its a nice store too.
  • Options
    Try Mi-Te Printing in Chicago. They have many books to look through, plus they have designers who can custom design your invitations.
  • Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Papyrus on Diversey & Clark has many invitation books and does custom invitations.  Also consider Pulp & Ink on Wells and Jane Weber ink at the 900 N. Michigan Ave shops.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yellow Bird in Wilmette has a ton of books to look through and the people there are really helpful- in particular the owner Bern and his daughter Cynthia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards