Illinois-Chicago
Options

Country Squire Grayslake - Reception in the Restaurant not Banquet hall?

Has anyone been to or hosted a wedding reception in the restaurant at Country Squire in Grayslake?  The room is L shaped and I am interested in any suggestions of how to keep the whole party feeling included.  There are multiple rooms. 

Example of the room layout below....

Re: Country Squire Grayslake - Reception in the Restaurant not Banquet hall?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does this mean the dance floor will be in a separate room?  Just a heads up, you won't get too many positive responses on here for separate rooms :/  With that being said, I think we're going ahead with a mansion that has separate rooms anyways.  I think spreading out the WP will help so no one feels like they are in the "not important" section.  One post suggested eating a course in one section and then moving to the other section for another course.  In the end, I think you're only sitting for 30-45min so I doubt it'll be an issue. 

Oh, one suggestion I have (that we're doing) if you're dance floor is in a separate room, maybe lounge furniture along the walls and cocktail tables.  Good luck!
    imageimageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having OUR reception in the restraunt at CS on August 20th! We loved the intamate feel, the fireplace and mantle near the dancefloor (and did they show you the private library bar?!). I know some people will be huffy about not having an optimal view of us at all times--but we're keeping famlies together so we don't anticipating it being a big deal. Plus, they're open so they're all connected by the dancefloor.

So far they have been inexpensive and wonderful to work with (aside from being a tad absent minded at times).

Good luck!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards