Illinois-Chicago

Out-of-Town Bag Ideas?

This is what I have as some options (I hopefully don't go overboard and get everythingLaughing)

Frango Mints
Garrett Popcorn
Quaker Oatmeal Mars
Bottled Watter
Local Coupons & List of Attractrions & Train Station Locations
Itinerary of Events
Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
Hand Cream, Soap, Candle
Half-Bottle of Wine
Cheese & Crackers
Gourmet Coffee
Homemade Cookies
Puzzlemaker.com (or Sudoku)
Welcome Letter

Does anyone have any other cute ideas?  I did read about one that said to wrap a pear, and add a note saying "Thank you for joining us, from your favorite Pear"...any ideas are appreciated!

Re: Out-of-Town Bag Ideas?

• edited December 2011
    I have pictures/list of what I put in my OOT bags in my planning bio.
  • edited December 2011
    Looks like a good list. I had thought about putting hand sanitizer and tissue pakcets in the oot bags.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, girls, I love the idea of the inserts, too.  I have some locations marked on the directions card and on the webite, but to have it once they are here is a greta idea!
  • edited December 2011
    We had an out of town wedding and put maps of the area in there.  Like you know, little city maps of downtown and people can explore on their own.
  • edited December 2011
    I am going to included tylenol packets in mine...it was recommened to me and i love the idea!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We did things that were personal to us as a couple.  While I'm sure that a lot of our guests did not understand the meaning behind everything in the bags, some people did and we did.  In ours, we put:
    2 Quaker Granola bars (manufactured in Chicago and DH eats one every single morning)
    2 bags of Garrett's Popcorn
    2 bags of Beer Nuts (maunfactured in Normal, IL where DH and I met)
    Frango Mints (DH and I's favorite candy and it's made here)
    2 bottles of water with custom labels
    A visitor's guide to the area
    An tri-fold "broshure" containing the itinerary for the wedding day, some cab numbers, a thank you note from us, and a map of the area with the venue, hotels, and some food joints marked out
    Travel Kleenex
    2 travel packs of Aspirin

We put custom labels on almost everything and it looked super-cute.  Good luck!
    Jack

Blog!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards