Illinois-Chicago

favors!

What are you doing for wedding favors???

Re: favors!

• edited December 2011
    I'm deciding between two different things - either a scratch off lottery ticket that I would put inside a clear cellophane bag and secure with a sticker that has some awesomely cheesy phrase like "Lucky in Love" with our names and wedding date or some sort of spice related thing like what jbll did.  I had been dead set on the lottery ticket because I thought it was easy, cheap and would be fun for our guests but once I read about the spice thing, I thought it was definitely reflective of my personality (I LOVE to cook), unique and something that people could use. 

I generally dislike most of the wedding favors out there - as my one friend described it - anything that someone afford to buy 200+ of that won't break the bank is probably not something I want.  Definitely not trying to knock anyone...but I think it's fairly standard that most non-edible wedding favors don't get used or even taken home from the wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting a photobooth so the pictures will serve as favors.  Because we got it through Groupon and got 50% off, we're also doing a candy buffet.
  • edited December 2011
    We did truffles from this company - www.truffletrolley.com They delivered them - boxed and tied with a bow - the week of the wedding.  They were delicious!
  • edited December 2011
    we're doing chinese food boxes filled with personalized fortune cookies.
  • edited December 2011

Mark another down for edible favors!

I'm bagging up Garrett's popcorn for our favors....and any leftover cupcakes will have take home boxes too, but they aren't really favors.

Our wedding is really big-city Chicago themed, and downtown, so I think Garrett's is fitting!

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • edited December 2011
    We did boxes of 2 french macaroons from Vanille Patisserie.  I gave Keli my placecards and she tied them to the ribbons on each one.  So the boxes did double duty.
    Married!!
  • edited December 2011
    Penelope, great minds think alike!!! I just called garretts this week to get pricing for their party packs!!!!
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ooh good post!!!!
    We are having a photobooth and I'm getting the plastic sleeves for the photos. We are also doing a popcorn buffet with 8-10 kinds of popcorn, VERY excited for both :)
  • kag0215kag0215 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We doing customized dice. I know it sounds so dorky, but FI and I both geeks so we find it fitting. They're going to be navy blue with white dots and the one side is going to have our names and the date.
    209 Invited image
    141 Can't Wait image
    19 Have Something Better To Do image
    49 Can't Find a Mailbox imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Love - I'm just going to buy the 6.5 gallon and bag them myself (with FI of course!). 

I believe it's just more cost effective with my giant guestlist....ugh!
    image **Married 7/9/11**
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing mini Christmas Trees in a box since it's a holiday wedding in Dec. They are super cute!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_favors-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:be6b3098-83f6-49c9-9414-e4e88c9b2cbaPost:53d8e26a-c9e3-49c2-8327-d83db6af7263">Re: favors!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love - I'm just going to buy the 6.5 gallon and bag them myself (with FI of course!).  I believe it's just more cost effective with my giant guestlist....ugh!
    Posted by PenelopeSnuz[/QUOTE]

I actually think its a GREAT idea to do that... the part packs are expensive!
  • u_rica77u_rica77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing cake truffles- http://www.etsy.com/shop/cacaobakery . She is going to do the boxes with ribbons and I'm going to attach my own tags. I sampled some and they are amazing- I wish I could afford to do more than 2 per person but that's all that is in the budget.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @redshoes--that's such a cute idea!

I'm not having favors....we are probably having late night snacks and we have a hospitality suite for before and after the reception.  The only thing that I thought of having would be personalized cds. Our table numbers are going to be bands of concerts that we have been to together so I thought we could put a song from each band on the cd. 
  • jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Ashley :)

Edibles are definitely the way to go! And you can always use the leftovers!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards