Illinois-Chicago

Gifts for Ushers and Readers?

Hey Knotties! 

So my FI and I have our gifts picked out for our BMs, GMs, parents, and grandparents, but now we're wondering 1) if we have to get gifts for our ushers and readers and 2) if we do, what do we get for them? Suggestions? 

We have 4 ushers and 2 readers, and we're hoping to spend no more than about $80 total if we are supposed to get them gifts because at this point we have very little left in our budget to spend. We've definitely invited them to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, we're just worried about the whole gift thing. 

Thanks in advance and hope that the wedding planning is going well for all of you! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts for Ushers and Readers?

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker

We gave gift cards to our readers (we didn't have ushers).  However, since you have both, I think it's a nice gesture to give them all something as a thank you; especially if you're ushers have to rent tuxes/suits

• We are giving our Usher & Usherette the same gifts as the bridal party, but they are some of our best friends and honestly are like an extention of the bridal party. They will be taking pictures with us as well : ) 
  • I definitely think you need to give gifts to the ushers and the readers.  We are giving the same gifts to our ushers as the groomsmen, and probably a gift that costs slightly less than the BM's for the readers.  I'm spending about 60-70 for each BM gift so I'll probably do about 35 for the readers.  
  • Thank you for the suggestions everyone! This has confirmed just what I was thinking--we need to get gifts!  

hz80408, I think gift cards would be the most appropriate thing for us to do! It shouldn't put us over budget by much and will serve as a nice "thank you." Plus it would be the most appropriate considering 3 of our ushers are much younger (think high school) and 5 of the ushers and readers are flying in from out of town (think fitting a gift into a small carry-on bag that is already packed to the brim). A gift card is perfect! :) 

Thank you again for your insight and gift ideas! Problem solved. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards