Illinois-Chicago
Options

Renting Chicago Lakefront Park for Wedding

Have you had or been to a wedding at a park on Chicago's lakefront? Wondering if anyone has inside information or tips on the best way to approach this and if there were any issues with having the type of party intended.

Re: Renting Chicago Lakefront Park for Wedding

• Options
    You can start with the Chicago Park District website in their Permits & Rentals tab. 

That will give you information about the various types of venues they have to rent. It's fairly comprehesive and certainly provides enough to get you started. 
  • Options
    I am having my ceremony in Lincoln Park in June (reception at the J Parker).  So far it has been a bit more of a hassle than expected.  We had to wait in line to apply for the space on the day that permits opened up for the year (in January) and then waited weeks to see if our permit was approved. The space we chose within Lincoln Park did not work because of endangered nesting birds (really).  The alternative space we have is ok, but unfortunately is closer to street noise and foot traffic. It also isn't as inexpensive as I had expected, as the permit comes out to about $$650 and chair rentals (which are our only other major cost for the ceremony) is at least $800.  We love Lincoln Park and have many great memories there, so we are still hoping things turn out beautifully!  Wish us good weather!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards