Illinois-Chicago
Options

SLIDESHOW questions...

How long is TOO long?? Any other useful advise in making one??

Trying to do one that will replay throughout the evening in another room, so people can watch it at their leisure. But, what what started as a  simple project is becoming a pain in my A$$$$$$$$$! TIA

Yell

Re: SLIDESHOW questions...

• Options
    emilyj4585emilyj4585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be between 12-15 minutes. Enough to do pics of me, my fiance, then us together, clip of the proposal video. I've been to weddings where the slideshow is way too long (20-30 minutes). No one except your parents want to see something that long! Good Luck with the slideshow. It will be worth it in the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm...I feel like 6-8 minutes is appropriate if you're doing one during dinner. I feel like people don't have much of an attention span when it comes to that sort of thing.

Playing it for people to walk by and watch is entirely different, however. I think you could easily do one that lasts longer - that's cute!
    imageimage
    Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
    Married Bio (Work In Progress)
  • Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I wouldn't go longer than 5-6 minutes if it is a feature piece. But if it is going to be played in the background, it could go 15-20 minutes.

And while slide shows are nice don't let it make you pull your hair out. If it is more stress than fun, maybe you should reconsider. Or enlist help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was about 6 mins played right before dinner.  I wouldn't go longer that 8 mins if played during dinner.  I've been to a wedding where the slideshow was 15 mins and it was too long and uninteresting.  It was all pictures of the couple (none of them were of them growing up/w. family/ and w. friends) 

I love the slideshows that have the individuals growing up, them together, and them with friends and family.  I think the guests get more invested in the slideshow if they see themselves in it and how they are there to support the couple.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much for the feedback. I feel better about it already. FI and I were playing the guessing game as to how long/ how many pics. . . told him that my fellow knotties would know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards