Illinois-Chicago
Options

help - beach wedding on a tight budget

my fiance and i are on a really tight budget and we found an officiant to do our wedding for $175 at Navy Pier.  the minister seems nice, and i like her but I want to get opinions...  is this a good price for the area?
Soon to be Mrs. Cross!

Re: help - beach wedding on a tight budget

• Options
    Yup, that is cheap.  Our cheapest find for a non-relgious ceremony was $325.  But Navy Pier is not the beach...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    $175 is very cheap for Chicago. Many non-religious officants charge between $400-600, on average.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for your help!Smile My officiant is a minister, so maybe that's why her fee is lower, idk. She does elopements for $175 and custom ceremonies for $250. She is from the New Buffalo area. Her travel fee to the city is only $50 so my total fee is $225

She is at http://revann.yolasite.com

I hope this helps someone.

If Navy Pier isn't near the beach, can you tell me a good beach to get married at? I can change the location...
    Soon to be Mrs. Cross!
  • Options
    Oh Navy Pier is near the beaches, it's just not an actual beach.  It's a very touristy spot with a ferris wheel, chain restaurants, the children's museum, other stuff.  Are they letting you kind of section off your own area there?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    Thanks!  It's just going to be the 2 of us and 2 friends, so I don't think we will need to section anything off.
    Soon to be Mrs. Cross!
  • Options
    When is your wedding? As the weather gets nicer, the beaches will crowd up.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_help-beach-wedding-on-a-tight-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:c6cf3acd-70a2-4ada-8ead-00104ae80ba0Post:40951b9b-589d-4861-ad80-ecd117117cc4">Re: help - beach wedding on a tight budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]When is your wedding? As the weather gets nicer, the beaches will crowd up.
    Posted by 2cultures2wed[/QUOTE]

It's June 30th
    Soon to be Mrs. Cross!
  • Options
    The only place I've heard of for a Chicago beach wedding (and I know their pricing isn't over-the-top!) is Illinois Beach Resort in Zion, IL. Ask to work with Kim Hall. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards