Illinois-Chicago

Style Down the Aisle/Bridal Beauty Salon

Has anyone used them for their wedding?  I had my trial with them and am a bit uncomfortable the more I think about it.

I asked for a casual, loose wavy style, all down, and showed her pictures.  She basically just teased the crown a lot (I felt like a little Texan pageant girl) and did barrel curls down my back, where you could see the three sections very obviously even after I combed it out, and the top was a knotted mess in back from hairspray/teasing.  The sides were just way too curly and although she said the usual "the curls will loosen throughout the day," they did not no matter how much I combed and raked with my fingers.  I felt like I was wearing a wig.

The makeup was a bit off, too.  Very heavy foundation (I understand this is for the photos) but it felt moist and cakey all day, and you could plainly see it when looking in the mirror at my pores.  Eyeliner/shadowwas supposed to be a smokey look, but was so smeary within 10 minutes of leaving that I was wiping my eyelids off all day (I have oily skin, and noted this to her before she started).  We went shopping and to eat after and I felt quite clownish and unnatural. 

I emailed the main person (the hair stylist) and gave my concerns, sent more photos off their actual site of what I wanted and she seemed to think there'd be no problem obtaining these looks - but why weren't they done when I was in?  I showed pictures and she just ignored me I felt.  Has anybody used them, experienced the same problems?  I'm so worried about this that I'm ready to lose the money and find someone else I guess, but everyone is so expensive.
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Style Down the Aisle/Bridal Beauty Salon

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards