Illinois-Chicago
Options

good sites for engagement pics?

Anyone have suggestions on where in Chicago to take engagement pictures?  Obviously there are tons of places but thats making me even more confused because I can't narrow it down!

Re: good sites for engagement pics?

• Options
    Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently went on a Segway tour of Northerly Island and with all the prairie flowers against the skyline, it was really breathtaking.  Not as "commercial" as some of the other conventional e-pic places (ie-Millenium Park)
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we took ours in our neighborhood! at a bakery (cute shots of cupcake eating!), a few by the lake, some at our condo with our pets and we also went to architectural artifacts (great props)...

just talk to your photographer, if he/she is good, they'll have some great ideas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to take e-pics along the river walk downtown and at some of the bridges.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Olive Park is great because you can get a variety of shots: beach, trees, skyline, park, urban shots, the tunnel.

Have fun no matter where you go! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We took our pics by the Planetarium. Check out my post on the Etiquette thread. We got some great pics of the skyline.
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did ours in Lincoln Park and hit up a few spots in walking distance  that provided a nice mix of scenery:
    - Lincoln Park Conservatory
    - Caldwell Lily Pond
    - Lakefront at North Ave.
    You could also walk West and hit up some really beautiful architecture/urban areas.
    HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our e-pics were in early December and we had weird in-between weather (no snow and everything was half dead) so we took pics in Lightology (a showroom with quirky lamps that also has a roof top deck with a view of the Hancock) and in and around the Brown Line train (pics in planning bio, under Engagement Pictures). 

Our wedding was last Saturday so we took pics on the Church grounds in Lincoln Park and in iconic downtown areas after the ceremony (Wrigley Building, Michigan Ave, River Walk and a park with greenery and a fountain).

So between the e-pics and wedding pics I feel we got a really diverse portfolio.
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We've done 2 sets...one at Oliver Park and one at Navy Pier....to be honest, I loved our Navy Pier ones, just because they fit us

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards