Illinois-Chicago
Options

How Far...??

How far away is it acceptable to have the hotel with a block of rooms from your reception hall?  Our reception is at Klein Creek in Winfield.  My fiance and I checked out Crown Plaza in Glen Ellyn and loved it!  The decor is beautiful and since its all "green" it really goes with our rustic elegance theme.  BUT... It's about 15 minutes from Klein Creek, but we'd be offering a shuttle...what do you think??? Is that too far? 

Re: How Far...??

• Options
    iwillrock90iwillrock90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you are offering a shuttle then i dont think its too far. unless will the shuttle take them back in the morning to gt to their cars
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our hotel is at least 15 minutes from our venue, but does offer shuttle service.  We didn't have much of a choice, as there are no hotels near our venue. 
  • Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Rempala.

I think 15 minutes is very reasonable, especially since you're offering a shuttle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    15 minutes is fine, especially with a shuttle for the hotel guests.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    15 minutes is totally fine.  
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    vszymanvszyman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    15 minutes is totally fine!  (I wouldn't mind making the drive as a guest).

Shuttle is also really nice too; we had them for our guests (lots of ppl from Iowa that were nervous about driving in the city) and it worked out really well.  Come to think of it, our reception was about 20-25 minutes with traffic (and I didn't hear a single thing about the distance being a factor... ever.  not in planning, not during the day of, or even after).
  • Options
    jessmoejessmoe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having our reception there, too!  When is your wedding date? I've been wondering lately how far out I should call places to book rooms...are you finding it pretty easy?

I know Klein Creek told us there are 2 hotels nearby that offer free shuttle services - is Crown Plaza one of them?

BTW - I definitely don't think 15 mins is too far!
  • Options
    r2flechtr2flecht member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  Sorry...hadn't been back on in a while b/c of school starting again and setting up my classroom.

@Jessmoe, we are getting married on 7.9.11.  It looks like you are before me... I'd love to hear how your wedding goes and see pictures!  Also, which hotels are you looking at?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto everyone else. I think the only issue with an offsite hotel is drunk drivers, but the shuttle alleviates that.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards