Ohio-Columbus

What are you walking down the aisle too???

SO i want to come down the aisle to keith urban's my everything. but i am stuck with what to have the girls walk down ? I was thinking the traditional "canon in D" but i think since im using music, i need music for them??? What do you guys think ???

Re: What are you walking down the aisle too???

• edited December 2011
    I like the idea of using another song for the girls, but I also like cannon in D...it depends on what kind of feel you like, but if you go to youtube and search cannon in d remix their are some really neat versions that come up... some aren't really appropriate for wedding, but others still have the piano playing with an upbeat tempo in the back which i love.......so this might be something a little different and less of the formal church feel........here is one that I like......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mt74WeYCs
  • edited December 2011
    Try playing the 2 pieces back to back. I've not heard the Keith Urban song, but it seems like it would be a huge change in musical styles, that might lead to a kind of disjointed feel...
  • BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp.  There are so many versions of Canon in D.  See if you can find one that fits the style of the Keith Urban song.
  • myvette13myvette13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to do more modern songs check out the Vitamin String Quartet on itunes.  They do a instrumental only of more modern songs, so it may 'flow' better with your song.
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it would feel a little odd if you did Cannon in D and then a non traditional song.  We did Everlasting Love for the WP and then I came down to Giving myself over to you by Jennifer Hudson.  Our recessional was SHOUT.  lol.  Everybody loved it because it was so unexpected, but it was about time we got married so it was very fitting of our situation.
  • edited December 2011
    I walked to Canon in D with chimes beforehand but our ceremony and music were very traditional.  I think if you're going to go with untraditional music elsewhere, you should probably stick with it
  • Laura NLaura N member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you just used that song for everyone. You could time it so when the song picks up you make your dramatic entrance. Maybe they turn the music up a little bit louder. Since the song is so long it might work and you wouldn't have to cut it short at the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards