Illinois-Chicago
Options

Outdoor Chicago Venue Help

This is my first post and I'm not quite sure how to search out if this has been asked already, so help me along if the question has already been answered, please.

My fiance and I are planning a small reception of about 50-75 people and are looking to keep it around $5000 (give or take a couple grand). I know it's a limited budget, but we really just want a simple backyard party with dancing, drinks, and no frills food so I think I can swing it if I could just find a venue. I'm looking for an outdoor area under some trees, with the necessary rain option and bathrooms.  The parks would be my first choice, but alcohol is restricted to places I won't be able to afford. Is there a park, restaurant, bed and breakfast, etc that anybody knows of around the Chicago area that could be a viable contender for what I need? I'm willing to go about 30 mins outside the city, but not much further because I will have a lot of out of towners with no cars. I've included some pictures below to give you an idea of what I'm seeking. Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

Re: Outdoor Chicago Venue Help

• Options
    jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a forest preserve? Schiller Park, Schaumburg, and a bunch of others all have forest preserves where you can grill out, drink, etc. It might be worth looking into, but I don't know much about it myself. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards