Illinois-Chicago
Options

Ordained Online???

Hello ladies. I've been lurking a bit, with a only a few posts, but I am hoping to get some information from you...Does anyone know anything about getting someone ordained online to perform wedding ceremonies legally in Illinois? I have been to 2 weddings recently where a friend of the couple and a brother of the bride performed the ceremony. I was under the impression that you couldn't do it in IL, but obviously you can. I heard that you just need to pay an extra fee?

I just want to make sure I take the right route so that my marriage is legal! I appreciate any advice you can give me. I would really rather be married by someone who knows FI and I than a hired Rent-a-Rev. Thanks in advance!
Photobucket Visit The Nest! Anniversary

Re: Ordained Online???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had a friend become ordained on-line for free through ULC for our wedding and since we have our marriage certificate we're all official. Different counties may have different rules, but it works in Kane Country for sure. :)

And having a close friend read the ceremony DH and I wrote was one of our best decisions and most memorable part of our day.

Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards