Illinois-Chicago

After-party ideas

I'm getting married at a hotel downtown.  Most of my friends and family live out of town, so are flying in for the wedding.  Many I have not seen in ages.  I know I won't get to spend the time I would like with everyone that evening.  I thought an after-party would be a great way to spend time with some of my close out-of-towners friends and family that choose to stay up.  Does anyone have any suggestions of a good place in the downtown area for an after-party? 

Re: After-party ideas

• TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the hotel have a bar?  We're not having our reception at a hotel, but the hotel where our room block is and where we'll also be spending the night has a bar that's open until 2 am.  We're planning to hang out until closing time with our friends and family who are also staying at the hotel. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It does have a bar, however I think it closes pretty early, maybe 1 and our reception is until 12, so probably wouldn't work. 
  • barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_after-party-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:dd09c406-9571-4f55-bf42-9db87a60bc99Post:151d4201-538c-4131-8385-8bdfe3c29cfe">Re: After-party ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]It does have a bar, however I think it closes pretty early, maybe 1 and our reception is until 12, so probably wouldn't work. 
    Posted by kmgulley[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>You  might be surprised how nice it will be to see your family, but you'll also want to get back.  And I personally couldn't stay up any later then 1 on my wedding night.  You gotta do the deed!!! :)</div>
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the hotel have a hospitality suite of any kind? One of the reasons why we really liked the hotel we are having our reception at is because it has hospitality suites. It's a room w/out a bed, but it has a bar that you can stock yourself, couches and a tv.  It adjoins w/two guest rooms as well.  We are having our after party in that suite.

ETA: You could also check some bars to see if they would let you rent/reserve a room or tables. I"m guessing there might be a minimum if you went the private room route at a bar. I've reserved tables for a bachlorette party at Theory. I also like Hub 51 and Rockit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards