Illinois-Chicago
Options

Looking for amateur photographer

Hello Chicago ladies!  Former Detroit knottie here.  I have a friend getting married this fall in Chicago.  They are having a very low key, informal ceremony/reception and they have a small budget.  They were hoping to find an experienced amateur photographer to photograph their event.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Looking for amateur photographer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen ads (and knotties) talk about Jolie Images, and their ads are pretty cheap.

I'm using Lilly Photography, very reasonably priced and does fantastic work!! We are SO excited to use him, he's very personable too!

Good luck, and such a nice friend you are for helping her out with this :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_looking-amateur-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:dd5f14d8-af4a-430d-bbe6-e5393fdc3d38Post:68ad9761-c087-45c2-bd61-1d472055ac28">Re: Looking for amateur photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen ads (and knotties) talk about Jolie Images, and their ads are pretty cheap. <strong>I'm using Lilly Photography, very reasonably priced and does fantastic work!! We are SO excited to use him, he's very personable too!</strong> Good luck, and such a nice friend you are for helping her out with this :)
    Posted by Love is Bald[/QUOTE]
    As usual, I second this whole heartedly!  Love Jiho!
    Jan 2011 January SC- Wedding Rings
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    396 were invited image
    250 will be there!image
    146 are missing outimage
    0 are still thinkingimage
    RSVP Date: December 15th
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kathleen (kthame) on the boards is really into photography and has done a few different shoots (kids, trash the dress, etc). You could page her, but she's not on the board as much I don't think. If you PM me your friends info I could pass it along :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Moments In Time Chicago.  He works with my fiance, he has a great inexpensive package, however he is not an amateur.  We went to several before  we decided on him. We just wanted to check prices, not work, he is very professional.  He offers all photos, an upscale album with case, for $1500.  This particular album is about $2300 elsewhere and that doesn't include the pictures.  Check out his website:

http://momentsintimechicago.smugmug.com/

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My fiance is a great photographer. PM me their info and I can pass the info along.

And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are new to the area, and we are building our client base. We have been doing weddings for 2 years now, and would love to do your wedding. We are running a special for the 2010-2011 year.

For the entire event $750
    This includes the engagement session
    A beautiful photo album
    A photo blog for your photos.

We are located out of Michigan, and traveling to Chicago is not a problem.

Pleae check out our temporary website www.ericmiron.com

we are building out official page which will include more up to date wedding photos.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kent Drake photography is pretty great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards