Illinois-Chicago

Wedding Transportation!

Hi Girls, I need some advice and ideas. My fiance and I are having our ceremony at a park, with the reception immediately following in the social center at that park. We only need transportation to get us from the places we are getting ready to the park, about a 5 minute drive. Every limo company I've looked into has a 3 hour minimum, I'd hate to spend so much money booking a limo for 3 hours when I only need it for 5 minutes. Any ideas on how to get around the 3 hour minimum or other good modes of transportation to transport 9 bridemaids and a bride?

Re: Wedding Transportation!

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My son is in a similar situation and hasn't had much luck.  You can try to google point-to-point service, but we have not been very successful.

One option we are considering is car rentals.  You can rent a "high end" car for the day for considerably less than the cost of a limo service.  The down side to it is that you still need to have a driver.  If you have someone that can function in that capacity, you may be able to find something that suits your needs.

Good luck!
  • jg2eajg2ea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same issue.

Masters Transportation has a two hour limit for a 24 person bus.
    I contacted at least 10 companies and you're right, they don't have flexible services!
  • CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered taxi cabs? I know they aren't particularly elegant, but it would save you a bunch of money. 
  • divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I am currently looking into Transportation now I just recieved an email from a place I inquired about:

www.executivechauffeuring.com

In their email to me they have mini coach's which are not these "luxury rides" but they are offering one way transfers....not sure how many people you have but here are a couple:

21-passenger Mini Coach

$125 per hour, 3-hour minimum

$350 one-way transfer

25-passenger Mini Coach

$130 per hour, 3-hour minimum

$355 one-way transfer

36-passenger Mini-Coach

$135 per hour, 4-hour minimum

$375 one-way transfer

57-passenger Motor Coach

$165 per hour, 5-hour minimum

$550 one-way transfer

Here are their bullet points at the end:
    Rates are all-inclusive.

·        Additional time on hourly trips is billed in full-hour increments.

·        Wait time on one-way transfers would revert to the hourly rate/minimum.

·        A fee of $75 would be billed if bringing food or beverages on board.

·        Please no glass bottles or red wine.

·        Parking fees are not included and must be paid in cash at the time of the trip.

·        A credit card is required to reserve.

·        Billing occurs after the trip takes place.

·        A 2-week cancellation policy applies.

·        If cancelled within that time, full rate would be billed.

·        An airport tax applies for airport arrivals.

·        For certain sporting event and concert venues the vehicle is required to stay with the group during the event. Please call for details.

·        Call for quotes on long distance, out of state and overnight trips.

·        Vehicles may differ from photos ie: exterior/interior colors.

• divadancer11divadancer11 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Crap....didnt realize that you stated 9 BM's and you.....

11-passenger Van

$108.90 per hour, 2-hour minimum

Call for one-way transfer rates.

Hope this helps!!!!!

• GinaK119GinaK119 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh we had this problem too!! Everywhere we called had a 3 hr minimum. We were going to a rent a nice a luxury SUV but I knew it wouldn't be the same and we all wouldn't be able to ride together and have to make a lot of trips (I have a big wedding party) We just needed a limo to take the guys from the hotel to the venue and then come get the girls and take them. It's about a 10min drive. Finally we sucked it up and just got a limo for 3 hours. We figured the limo could come get the guys then just drive them around for a bit and they can have some beers then come get the girls and drive us around for a bit as well. I'm paying for 3 hours so I am going to use all 3 hours!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I have used West Suburban Limo to take me to and from the airport for business trips. They have towncars (and I THINK some limos, you could call and ask). I am pretty sure another bride on here used them to take her and her girls from point A to B and they just charged for the trip. You might have to take 2 or 3 cars with 10 girls but it would prob be cheaper than a 3 hour minimum would be... at least an option to look into. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards