Illinois-Chicago

A bit overwhelming

Hello,

I just signed up and read a few posts, replied to a few and browsed around the website and wow!  A bit overwhelming!  I dont know where to start....we have some of our major vendors and I guess thats what i need help with....the vendors that we have not booked yet, such as our limo services and I really really really really want a photobooth.  Any suggestions?  Thank you all in advance! Smile

Re: A bit overwhelming

• MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    At the very top of the Chicago column, you will find a post that says, "Vendor Spreadsheet--Tell me who you are using".  Dozens of Chicago brides have listed all the vendors they have used, and listed what they did or did not like about each one.  You might want to browse those entries as a starting point.  I can offer our two vendors for transportation and photobooth to start you off:

Chicagoland Photobooth...
    My daughter was the first from her "group" to offer a photobooth.  It was a HUGE hit!  There was actually a line at one point!  Kerry and Erin were very easy to work with, and were very flexible with their package offerings.  The memory book/guest book/photo album is adorable!

Transportation.......Classic Chassis/Roselle.......On time, dressed appropriately.  My son-in-law had a 1948 Red Rolls Royce take he and his bride away after church.  As they left the church, the driver had a small table waiting at the end of the sidewalk, just prior to getting into the car.  A bottle of champagne and toasting flutes awaited them.  The driver wore a top hat.  We have pictures of my daughter and son in law just departing church, amongst a sea of blowing bubbles, toasting each other with the champagne that awaited them.....awesome!  The bridal party followed the Rolls in two black limo's, and they all made stops along the way to the reception for several photo opportunities.  No problems!!

The other thing you can do is be specific in the title of your posts.  For example, if you are looking for a florist in the area, entitle your post, "Florist in the XXX area needed".....or "Any ideas for a budget friendly photographer?"  Girls with experiences specific to that subject will respond.

I would also suggest you keep posting, especially on your local board.  The girls here are helpful and friendly, even to a mother-of-the-bride such as myself :-)  Good luck!  Sounds as if you are off to a good start!
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  It can definitely be overwhelming at first; but I promise you- we're a great resource for your planning!

Just a little less than a year to go, you have plenty of time to get done what you want/need!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  You will be able to find lots of help here!

Tell us more about yourself.  When are you getting married, how you and FI met, what your theme or vision is for your day, etc!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • MrsPapsMrsPaps member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we used Photo Booth Express for our photobooth and loved them!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you sooo much ladies....
  • edited December 2011
    welcome. I am still overwhelmed! I mostly read, but now that I am getting closer to my wedding day, I come in waves here and post.
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! Everyone on here is so helpful. My mornings are slow at work so I am always on here. There is useful advice about venues, tipping, all sorts of good stuff. Let us know if you have specific questions. We all are always happy to share info!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards