Illinois-Chicago
Options

Table name question

We really wanted to do a postcard at each setting with a photo of a Chicago location important to us. I take photos as a hobby and thought it would be a fun day to go around to all our sites and take photos. FMIL is worried that people are used to seeing a big name on some type of stand.

We were going to do a map of the room near the door so people would have a good idea of which table they need to go to. With that in mind, would the postcards throw people off? I'm really questioning myself now and worried I should go back to my original idea of framing the photos.
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: Table name question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are naming our tables as well., and I think people are getting used to things like that.

One thing was brought to my attention, by our caterer. You may also want to put a small number on the sign as well. Caterers and venues do things by table numbers. So I shadowed the number behind table name to make it easier for everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing something similar- on one side I'll have the picture and location name (Chicago, Niagara Falls, Yosemite...)

And on the other side I'll have a big number that corresponds.

I'm using the Tolsby picture frames (.99) from Ikea to hold them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards