Illinois-Chicago

Wedding Stress Causes...

For the majority of my engagement, I've loved all of the planning. Right now, I'm in the mindset that I don't want to do anything else. The wedding is less than 4 months away, and I just want it to be here already.

I have to still order my invitations, and I'm not sure what's taking me so long? I still have to come up with the information on the Directions insert (::sigh::)...

What's got you stressed?
imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: Wedding Stress Causes...

• edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat, girl!  I've got 6 months to go, and I'm ready for it to be this weekend already.  I actually just posted a blurb kinda related to this on my club board. 

I'm irritated as all get-out at the question "Are you ready to elope yet?"  Yes, I'm ready for day to be here, I'm ready for 12 days away from reality for our HM, but NO... I have no desire to elope people!  Grunt.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BFP Chart BFP 10/7/11 EDD 6/20/12 HB@7w 114
  • edited December 2011
    I hear ya, I have all these projects half done and it seems like everyday I think of something else I need to do.  I just want it to happen already!!
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm tired of having to please everyone. I know our families aren't too bad compared to a lot of them, but I just don't discuss any wedding plans until they're finalized. Whenever we talk about something that is still being planned, someone wants it catered to them or people try to "help" by pushing us to do something that is not our style or out of our budget. FMIL now is trying to "help" by offering that a band of her friend's play at the RD. It's a nice gesture, but then we would have to pay for equipment rental, thank you gifts, and I would feel rude not to invite them to the wedding and I doubt FMIL would be willing to pay for any of those things, so it would come out of our wedding budget. It's just a lot of money to pay for a "favor" that we don't need.
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Oh I totally agree, just get here already!  I have no desire to do anything wedding related right now...just am hitting a wall on all the planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • edited December 2011
    2 things today...one picking out the church music. Seriously, someone else can just do it, I don't really care! haha.

2nd, I will probably post a rant about this later. Why is everyone trying to bring their baby to my wedding?!!?! I know I don't have one, so I can't relate, but seriously, I didn't invite your baby. And I asked one of my BM, she has a baby, and says she would NEVER bring him to a wedding. So, grrrrr!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    I'm enjoying my wedding planning but the only thing that is stressing me is how to go about w/certain family members that they should try to find baby sitters for their kids if they can.

• Sparkette19Sparkette19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto on the invites! We are just about 4 months away and my FMIL has taken it upon herself to email her family all of the details that are going to be included in the invitations.

I was very upset when I found out that she basically sent e-vites to her family. I don't think I'm behind schedule with the invitations but I do feel very rushed right now...like I'm not up to her schedule.
    When you're born in Chicago you're blessed and you're healed the first time you walk into Wrigley Field. My Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I sent my mom a pictures of me in the dress I'm thinking of wearing for my engagement pictures, and when I was on the phone with her 5 minutes ago she said "so...you really like that dress enough to wear it in your engagement pictures?". Guess I'll be re-thinking that one. 
  • edited December 2011
    I have loved wedding planning and it hasn't been stressful.  It has really been all that I want to do.  This past weekend, we had a meeting with our Rabbi.  It was great because she brought us back to to the real reason we are doing all of this work.  Now, the part I am looking forward to is the ceremony!  I can't wait to be married, and that is the point of doing this.  So, if you are getting stressed, it is a good idea to sit back and remember what all of this is for!

-Alex
    Married!!
  • edited December 2011
    Steph, that's hilarious. I'm not sure why people want to bring their kids to begin with; weddings are typically an adult-affair. I mean, sometimes you have a new mommy that has to bring her child b/c she nursing, etc. but even under those circumstances, new momies have told me they just wanted a night out w/o having to worry about the baby (not in a bad way, but...you know what i mean).

Kids are a sticky issue when it comes to weddings. It's a personal decision to invite them or not. We're not having kids at our reception. I've been to weddings before where there's a bunch of kids, and it turns the wedding into a circus! JMO.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011

the invitations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

originally, i had someone on etsy designing my invitations...then she didn't get back to me for three weeks.  i mentioned this to my friend, who was able to tell me that powerpoint can be changed to sizes and he could switch ppt to pdfs....okay so i cancelled that and designed them myself.  THEN...i had to wait for my mom to OK the names on the invite (filipino wedding usually post the bridal party) to which she didn't get back to me til a few days later with "i think thats fine".  THEN....my mom found out one name was supposed to be "john" not "jack"...THEN...the printing quote i waited the last five days for, was SO much more than i thought....ahhh so as of now, the pdfs are updated, and i'm waiting on paper from an online store to be delivered to kwik kopy, who is way cheaper will turn around everything in two days.  hopefully this is all done and sent by next week!!!!!

• jbll326jbll326 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Time. THere's just not enough of it. Trying to juggle my intense workout schedule so that I can look good for the wedding, finish up all the DIY projects, keep a somewhat clean home and do laundry, write shower thank you's, host OOT family members last weekend and next for the shower and bachelorette party, spend quality time with FI cause he's feeling neglected, and oh yeah I have to work too and don't get home til 7 every night....AHHHH! It's so hard to prioritize, cause it's all important!

And if anyone shows up with their kid at my wedding I will blow up!!! I'm totally with you girls on that one. I've done everything I possibly can to make it perfectly clear that children are not allowed, and yet some people want to bring their 1 year old.... Why can't you just enjoy an adult date night? Maybe I'll understand some day...

• ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I needed to take a step back this weekend and stop trying to be such a people pleaser. We went bridesmaid dress shopping (which was successful yay!) But half the time I was worrying about everyone liking the dresses, everyone affording the dresses, everyone (distance bridesmaids) being able to try on the dresses. Whew...exhausting
    Sparkette--when I read about your FMIL I literally LOL'd! My FMIL did the same thing except IMMEDIATLY after we got engaged she emailed all these people to tell them we were engaged and would be getting married in Chicago blah blah. Luckily FI handled it and we did some damage control.
  • edited December 2011
    Kate and jbll326- It is just crazy, I actually invited our family's children! This is friends who have just had kids and they just assume they can bring them along! Amazing. My wedding will be one of those circuses! haha LOL Yell Sheesh! I'm just going to tell them there is no room, which there really isn't!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • edited December 2011
    Steph - I'm with you - we are only having our nieces and nephews (a total of 4); I get what you mean though about friends' kiddies...
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh. I am so with you all on the children! Unfortunately, with nieces and nephews alone we are up to 10 kids (his side!!). Then....I think I am supposed to invite the -out of-towner-families and their kids. I WANT A KID FREE ZONE and I am definitely not getting my way. I'll have to think of a way to quarantine them in some way- Kids zone with a teen sitter might work? Besides that....the planning has been fun. With 10 months away, I have only a few more vendors to book. Since I'm in the wedding business, I was hoping to get most of it completed before the "season" starts.

I'm looking forward to dress shopping for this first time this weekend! I hope that is a positive, fun stress-free experience!
  • lmhamzelmhamze member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too want a kid free zone and I am definitely not getting my way!! haha I would say the number 1 thing that is stressing me out is money!! Seriously, why is everything for a wedding so expensive?! We are paying for everything ourselves so I guess it all just adds up really fast! Im so ready for the day to be here already and to marry my best friend! 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think I could even begin to list all the stresses.  I ditto what just about every PP said - money stress, running out of time stress, uninvited kids at the wedding stress, and on and on...

But the one thing that is most stressing me out at this exact moment - which I never even thought I'd have to worry about - is that none of my bridesmaids have ordered their dresses yet (wedding is June 12)!  The BMs are all OOT and so I picked some dresses from David's Bridal and just asked them to go to their nearest store and order whichever one of the choices they liked best.  I thought this would make it easy for them, but we are coming up on three months here and no one's ordered their dresses and I am freaking out!!!  I don't want to go all bridezilla on them, but I am afraid they won't get their dresses on time, let alone have time for any alterations.  (And did I mention I am still waiting for my own dress to come in?) ACK!

Phew!  Thanks for starting this stress/rant thread, kthame.  I needed that!
  • MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My biggest stress is a religion related issue. It's making me sick.
  • edited December 2011
    Invitations...at least is it right now...I defintely am ready for the day to be here, and all the big stuff is done (except the invitations), but it is the finishing touches that are still left...

The reason my invitations are stressing me out, though, is my own fault.  I knew what I wanted from the begining (well, overall), and did not want to deviate.  I also knew that if I did not DIY them, since they are pocketfolds, with 3 inserts, they would be crazy expensive. I found a printer that did the thermographic printing for a great price, and made my mock-up (pictures in bio).  However, the grey and white paper I used for the mock-up, which I would buy a few pages when I went into Archivers, got discontinued!!!  This all happened last weekend, less than 3 months to the wedding!!!  I need 100 pages of it!  Well, I have been searching forsimilar paper all this week, to no avail...I stopped in at Archiver's today, for other things, and the manager was there.  She and I got to talking, and she ended up calling the manufacturer, and they still have some in their warehouse!!!  So, I got them ordered, thank goodness, but even if it takes a week to a come in, that gives me a week to put them together to get them out at the 8 week mark...ugh...and, the worst part of it is, it is all my fault!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards