Illinois-Chicago
Options

Veil and veil length help

Hello!  I'm just looking for opinions here.  Below is a pic of me in my dress and the veil I tried on at the bridal shop, as you can see my hair is long (it's currently a few inches shorter than in the pic).  I plan on doing it half up and curly (Carrie Underwood style), do you think I should wear a veil or some sort of flower in my hair?  If a veil, what length would be good with my dress?  Are there any sort of rules of thumb to think about with veil length?

TIA!

Re: Veil and veil length help

• Options
    MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Personally I'm not a fan of veils, so I think you would be fine without one. But it's up to you and it really matters how it makes you feel. I think for your dress, you could do almost any length and it would look good.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I learned that your veil should be longer than your hair:) I had a birdcage, and am wearing my hair the same way as you and I ended up getting a fingertip length 2 tier veil. It looked way better, the birdcage just wouldn't work. I would think something similar with your dress would look great. I am also wearing a hair flower/pin in my hair. PIB.
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like fingertip length for how long your hair is as well. I'm not a fan of veils but just didn't feel as "bridal" without one so I'm wearing it at the ceremony and then have a feather clip thing to put in my hair for the reception.
    EDIT: I also think that the veil you have on in the picture is a good length, you don't really need something long because the dress doesn't have a long train.
    IMO
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, thank you.  That is a good idea to do the feather clip for the reception!  If I do a veil I will be taking it off for the reception too so that may be an option for me as well.  Thanks again girls : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards