Illinois-Chicago
Options

DJ in Chicago suburbs

I'm looking for a good DJ. I don't want him/her to be cheesy/over the top and talking on the mic all night.  Anyone have any good recommendations?  I'd like the price to be about 800-900.

Thanks!
Lisa

Re: DJ in Chicago suburbs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Talk to Mike D at MDM Entertainment.  He is a college friend of my FI and he has done several of our friends' weddings, a corporate holiday party I planned back when I was in the private sector, and he will be doing our wedding.  He is a great guy and very affordable.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my DJ from my older sister! GORDY IS GREAT! Super nice, easy to talk to and his price cannot be beat! He will do whatever you want him to and will meet with you and go over everything. He wants you to enjoy your day and will get the party started! Check out his website: http://www.partystartersentertainment.com/Party_Starters_Entertainment/Home.html
  • Options
    barbbhowwbarbbhoww member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have said this before and will say it again, my DJ was the BEST dj I have ever had.  He is only $895 but will give discounts!

www.midwestproductions.com

Lou!
    It's time. Adoption saving and process started in November 2012.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jennybean11jennybean11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Toast and Jam and Style Matters, and probably Cage and Aquarium are the best in the area.  I EXTENSIVELY researched.  T&J and Style Matters are always interviewed in my wedding magazines.  Their taste is awesome, non-cheesy.  No need to worry about a Do Not Play list because they already know.  About $1000-1500 each, depending on your needs.  I went with Toast and Jam because we met our DJ and really clicked in the first meeting.  It is definitely worth the tiny bit extra price in this area for how good they are.
  • Options
    jennybean11jennybean11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    P.S.  Look on Yelp! - I have no personal stake in any of them :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes T&J are very popular and reasonable. The lower priced ones tended to be old guys from the burbs that wear the bowties and narrate the night and add the cheeziness to it.
  • Options
    aimers1525aimers1525 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sent you a PM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at Precision Sound www.PrecisionSoundDJ.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IHeartKman
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had MDM at her wedding.  The dance floor was full all night and he wasn't cheesy at all.  We decided to use them for our wedding (and their sister company photo booth!)

It might be $200 over your budget though.  It is costing us $2000 for both.. I can't remember the exact breakdown of DJ and PB.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    An enchanted evening.
    Married!!
  • Options
    lkrichilskylkrichilsky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Gotta Dance DJ's for our reception and ceremony. We saw them perform at my cousins's wedding and they were AWSOME. They are owner operated, so prices are very fair. I haven't seen them on TK but they are on weedingwire.com...great reviews and videos. We went with Package B and a photo montage for $1050, others were so expensive for the same package, so I think we got a great deal :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just planned a wedding and the bride had hired an up and coming DJ was was REALLY impressive. I believe he was right around $850 for 6 hours. It was Silver Mic DJ. Her DJ was Sam - 630.414.0554. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards