Illinois-Chicago
Options

GTG/Meet Up?

Did we all lose interest in doing this? Is anyone still up for a potential GTG the weekend of Aug 13th?

Re: GTG/Meet Up?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was JUST getting on here to look for that old post when I noticed the new one.

I'm still interested! Aug 13th...it's on!

We were just stuck on finding a good place to go...As I said in the old post...I'm new-ish to the area so I don't have many ideas on good places to get apps and drinks.

There was some talk of Tapas...Let's get a few names out there and we can vote :)
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for checking in! 

I'm up for anything, as mentioned before. So far on the list we have:
    Uncle Julio's (only call-ahead, no reservations)
    Fernando's
    Cafe Ba Ba ReeBa

Any others?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am definetly in for the 13th too, but I do not know of any Tapas restaurants
    :( sorry for not having any ideas, but I just wanted to let you know I will be there also :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say we only pick one that allows for reservations. Fernando's has good yelp ratings and apparently good margs. Do they have more inexpensive options than cafe babareeba?! I vote Fernando's if it's a better price point for people :)
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    Fernando's sounds good to me! Yeah, I was concerned about the pricing too, haha. 

So we can tentatively plan for Fernando's. 

Any preference on time?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in for the 13th and as long as they have vegetarian fare, I am game for anything.
    Anniversary image
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_gtgmeet-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:e976ec24-c7b6-47a0-a3ad-6a35e543b78aPost:373221b4-164d-4c2b-9688-11815eebfa97">Re: GTG/Meet Up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am in for the 13th and as long as they have vegetarian fare, I am game for anything.
    Posted by MrsMLRB[/QUOTE]

<div>MrsMLRB, its a Mexican restaurant, so I'm guessing if nothing else, you could do veggie fajitas or cheese enchiladas.</div><div>
    </div><div>You can check out the menu on restaurant.com (kinda hard to read though):</div><div>
    <div><a href="http://www.restaurant.com/rdc/fernandos-tequila-bar-restaurant-chicago-mexicansouthwestern-rid=339671#">http://www.restaurant.com/rdc/fernandos-tequila-bar-restaurant-chicago-mexicansouthwestern-rid=339671#</a></div></div>
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    Bump!

Who is interested in going? Come outta the woodwork ladies, we don't bite ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'm good with anytime as it's on a weekend :)

6:30 or 7pm work?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if making a new post that announces the GTG in the title: "Fernando's Aug 13th...get your Marg on!" haha or something like that will intrigue more girls to click?

We can even cross-post on The Nest...although I know there isn't much action on there we might get a few.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_gtgmeet-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:e976ec24-c7b6-47a0-a3ad-6a35e543b78aPost:7761b2cd-3afe-44ac-93e1-6616ddf33bf9">Re: GTG/Meet Up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if making a new post that announces the GTG in the title: "Fernando's Aug 13th...get your Marg on!" haha or something like that will intrigue more girls to click? We can even cross-post on The Nest...although I know there isn't much action on there we might get a few.
    Posted by lamar0607[/QUOTE]

<div>Great idea! Go for it!</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards