Illinois-Chicago
Options

Vendor Reviews - Part 1 - Church, Venue, Catering, DOC, Floral/Decor

Church - St. Clement Church

I don't really know how to rate a church - it's gorgeous, the staff is amazing, and the music department in unparalleled.  It's been our "home" church since we moved downtown.  Highly recommend.

Reception Venue & Catering - River East Art Center & Blue Plate Catering:

I am reviewing these together because Blue Plate is the exclusive caterer tp the REAC.  Start to finish, both the REAC & Blue Plate staff were incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and helful.  They assigned H and I our own waiter, so I never had to go to a bar, or find hors d'ouvres.  Food was fantastic.  FANTASTIC.  Everyone was raving about it, and we have been getting e-mails and fb messages about it non-stop.  People loved our late night bites - mini choc milk shakes & chicago hot dogs.  Linens were gorgeous - we kept getting compliments on how soft the napkins were - I didn't actually see them before the wedding, so that was nice!  The only negative for some people would be the price - you do pay a site rental fee, and Blue Plate can get pricey fast (depending on selections of course) but with them, you really are getting what you pay for.  HIGHLY Recommend & worth every penny.

DOC - Mystique @ Coordinator for a Day:

I don't have enough good things to say about Mystique. CFAD is her own company, and she was totally sweet, buttoned up, totally on top of everything.  She made sure everything ran smoothly from behind the scenes - huge piece of mind, and a total delight to work with!!  She has GREAT prices too - I was shocked... HIGHLY recommend.

Floral / Decor - The Flower Firm

I worked mainly with Nancy @ FF.  She was great & easy to work with.  I changed my mind a lot about the flowers after our initial consultation & flower mock-up, so I wasn't sure exactly how everything would look on the day.  Everything was beatiful, but not totally how I understood it would be.

The bouquets for the mothers were smaller than the one for the flower girl, which made no sense.  My bouquet was super tightly wrapped, and smaller than I thought it would be.  The uplighting on the columns at the REAC was supposed to be a rosey pink color, but they were just white light instead.

I would recommend.  They do beautiful work, we just had some communication issues.
image **Married 7/9/11**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards