Illinois-Chicago
Options

Goodbye Lazy Days...HELLO P90X

Hi Ladies,

Soo...my lazy days are numbered. Starting this Saturday, I will be embarking on my 2nd round of P90x. I completed 60 days the first time I tried it (when I moved back from Australia, I just lost all motivation - I was just so glad to be home), but I did LOVE it. It's not easy, but BOY does it WORK!

My FI did it last March and by the end of his 90 days, he lost 25lbs. and gained a whole lot of muscle, including a six-pack (giggity)!

Next Monday marks the 5-month countown, and I need 3 months of P90x, so by the time that's finished...there's only TWO months left until the BIG day. I plan to be very, very healthy by then, probably 15lbs. lighter and I plan to be feeling like a CHAMP!

Are any of you on a new regimen in preparation for the BIG day?!

imageimage
Finally...we are Mr. & Mrs.!!! WooHoo!!!

Planning Bio
Married Bio (Work In Progress)

Re: Goodbye Lazy Days...HELLO P90X

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Good luck! What exactly is P90x?

I'm just planning to maintain my current size and continue sculpting a bit. My dress fits perfectly right now, so I have a HUGE incentive to stay the exact same size (who doesn't want to save $200???)
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess this is from the website:
    http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/best_sellers/p90x.do

P90X® is a revolutionary system of 12 sweat-inducing, muscle-pumping workouts, designed to transform your body from regular to ripped in just 90 days. You'll also receive a comprehensive 3-phase nutrition plan, specially designed supplement options, a detailed fitness guide, a calendar to track your progress, online peer support, and much more. Your personal trainer, Tony Horton, will keep you engaged every step of the way, and you won't believe your results!

Why is P90X so effective?

The secret behind the P90X system is an advanced training technique called Muscle Confusion, which accelerates the results process by constantly introducing new moves and routines so your body never plateaus, and you never get bored! Whether you want to get lean, bulk up, or just plain get ripped, there's an endless variety of ways to mix and match the routines to keep you motivated the full 90 days and beyond!

And it is insanely effective!! I'm so excited. When I took those photos (in my bio) in my dress, I had just gotten back from AUS so I was 10lbs thinner and had lots of definition in my arms, back, etc. I welcome that back ASAP! :)

imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck...P90X is crazy hard!  I completed about 60 days of it as well.  I was thinking of restarting it again in March. Definitely doing the 2 arms workouts to get those dress arms in shape!   But I just signed up to do a mini triatholon 2 wks before my wedding...I am thinking I may be a little crazy. It's a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, then 3.1 mile run....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 260 Invited image
    167 Thrilled to Attend image
    71 Devastated they can't make it image
    22 making us sweat it out image
    RSVP Date- June 30
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_goodbye-lazy-dayshello-p90x?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:72Discussion:ef468d03-6102-486a-9126-ee143abbac9fPost:f8f90c94-ae3a-4696-baae-0a25e7792d25">Re: Goodbye Lazy Days...HELLO P90X</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good luck...P90X is crazy hard!  I completed about 60 days of it as well.  I was thinking of restarting it again in March. Definitely doing the 2 arms workouts to get those dress arms in shape!   But I just signed up to do a mini triatholon 2 wks before my wedding...I am thinking I may be a little crazy. It's a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, then 3.1 mile run....
    Posted by njohnson0330[/QUOTE]

WOW! That's impressive. It could be a good opportunity for you to release some stress...that's for sure!

I'm considering training for the marathon this year, but P90x is the 1st important step. It improves cardiovascular endurance (which I need right about now)...I don't think I could run a straight mile in my current shape, then again, I've never ever been a runner.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOVE P90X. I also love TurboJam which is another beachbody program. I'm planning on running a half marathon in May and then another half in September (and I also hate running). We'll see...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh... P90X... I've been debating buying this.  I always felt like maybe it was just another "git fit quick" scam.  $120 is alot of money to spend on something like that.  You say it really is effective?  Would you dare to say it'll be the best $120 I spend?  :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BFP Chart BFP 10/7/11 EDD 6/20/12 HB@7w 114
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought it for $60 on eBay; I had to get the PDFs of the Nutritoin Guide and Workout Books (which was sort of a pain) but YES...this is the most effective way to re-shape your body (if you stick with it). I've seen so many people do it successfully and stick with it.
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    ladybug7485ladybug7485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's very effective. I bought it on ebay as well. It's definitly not easy but it makes it easier to be working towards a goal (looking fab on the wedding day being the obvious one). Also it's good if you lack focus (as I often do with working out)because the workout constantly changes so it keeps your attention from day to day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ohhh, I never even thought of looking on ebay!  Good call, girls!!  Alright, now you've got me pumped!!!  Woo HOO!!!  FI and I are having our own Biggest Loser competition for our wedding/HM bodies.  Can't wait to throw a new regimen in the mix!  Good luck, ladies!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BFP Chart BFP 10/7/11 EDD 6/20/12 HB@7w 114
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Michelle, I could see about making a copy for you?
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats ladies on such dedication.  I'm not quite at that level Smile  My new regime adds 30 minutes of weight training 5 days a week to the 6 days of cardio and eating red meat only once a week.  Currently, I eat no processed foods and no white food (bread, potatoes, rice).  Wish me luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kthame, that would be awesome if you can!!!  I just lost my bid on ebay... :(  ha!  PM me, if you want.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YGM :)
    imageimage

Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've also been interested in finding someone who used P90X.  I will say, I did a two week intensive Boot Camp at Core Power Yoga in the South Loop (on roosevelt road) and in two weeks of double workouts (6am as a group and then a 2nd working on your own the same day/night) I lost 12 inches off my body.  From what I read re: P90x it is similar in style to bootcamp.  Crazy hard (and I'm an athlete/marathons & tri's), but you'd be surprised how quickly you build your strength up.  By the end of the two weeks I could do 50 "boy" pushups in a row and lost a couple pant sizes.  There is another one early February and the next one is in June.
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing Yoga/Pilates and it is kicking my butt already. I pretty much want to maintain my size as my wedding dress needs no alterations! But just tone more:) Good luck everyone!
    Steph & Brandon 4.17.10
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio - Updated 7.2
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also did about 60 days of P90X! (What is it about that last 30 days??? LOL). I loved it. It was hard, but I noticed results sooo quickly. I wasn't doing to lose much weight really, no more than 5 lbs, but I really wanted to be more toned, and it WORKS for that indeed. I felt so strong! So yeah, I have been debating between getting a membership at Bally's or just doing P90X again. The problem with doing P90X again is I have barely enough space to do it in my tiny apt (I was living elsewhere when I did it the first time), and VERY creaky wood floors, so I always feel bad for the person under me, lol. Either way, it IS a great workout, as are all of the Beach Body workouts I have tried (TurboJam is another fave of mine too). Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, I was looking into buying P90X  But I'm a little worried because I have a problem with my wrists and I don'tknow if I'll be able to use the workouts.  I can't bend my wrists back (push ups) and I can't put any weight on them.  For those of you that have done this workout what do you think?  Will I be able to do it?  or should I just save my money.  $140 is a lot :/

Is there anything else you think I should look into.  I need to lose 20-30 lbs before my wedding in July 

-feeling frustratedly fat :(
  • Options
    amber24paigeamber24paige member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am agree with you.....
    P90X is really helpful...
    P90X
    Acai Berry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards