Hawaii

Wedding planner - help please!

Hi I'm looking for having a wedding in Oahu in June 2013 for about 100 people to the ceremony and reception. Do I need a wedding planner / coordinary? what are the prices? Are the prices includes planning /coordinating fees only and we still have to pay for everything else separetly or do they have package deals? I'm very new and very confuse on how a destination wedding for 100 people will plan out. Our budget is around 30K. Is that a reasonable budget? Thanks!

Re: Wedding planner - help please!

• Congrats and welcome to the board! Depending on what you are trying to do, prices can be allinclusive or a la carte, meaning you pay coordination fees and then pay for whatever else after that venue, florist, photographer, etc. Most allinclusive packages I have seen are for smaller weddings like 50 or less, so for a larger wedding you may have to go the a la carte route unless you get married at a hotel or something. I think 30k is very reasonable for your budget. We're trying to have 120 guests at 25k. I suggest you contact various wedding planners to obtain their prices. Also, what island are you thinking of? That would help brides on the board give suggestions for planners. On another note, you can plan a wedding without a planner. There are a handful of brides on the board that have done that successfully, so it depends on how much work you want to put in and all that. So let us know the islands you're interested in and what kind of setting hotel, wedding venue, etc. Good luck and happy planning!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We want to do it in Oahu. It doesn't matter whether it's in a hotel or not. But after browsing at a couple resorts, looks like it's kinda hard to find packages that would accomedate a larger group. What resorts/venues are you guys having it so that I can get an idea to start searching. My invision is to have a beach ceremony. The reception after may or may not be outdoor. It'd be nicer if it's outdoor but I want a dance floor and music and I think it's a bit more limited if it's outdoor...? please correct me if I'm wrong. So all inclusive would includes florist, photographer, etc...? that's would be nice! Is it usually cheaper to do the all inclusive or a la carte?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_wedding-planner-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:0275dcd6-2f0c-43e7-95ed-4149f15aa0b7Post:7e1c5a74-78e1-4bb3-84e0-ab22bd62f3a3">Re:Wedding planner help please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats and welcome to the board! Depending on what you are trying to do, prices can be allinclusive or a la carte, meaning you pay coordination fees and then pay for whatever else after that venue, florist, photographer, etc. Most allinclusive packages I have seen are for smaller weddings like 50 or less, so for a larger wedding you may have to go the a la carte route unless you get married at a hotel or something. I think 30k is very reasonable for your budget. We're trying to have 120 guests at 25k. I suggest you contact various wedding planners to obtain their prices. Also, what island are you thinking of? That would help brides on the board give suggestions for planners. On another note, you can plan a wedding without a planner. There are a handful of brides on the board that have done that successfully, so it depends on how much work you want to put in and all that. So let us know the islands you're interested in and what kind of setting hotel, wedding venue, etc. Good luck and happy planning!
    Posted by dianalynm[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards