Hawaii
Options

Happy Friday! Our Engagement Story with PIP!

Hi everyone!

I was looking at old posts for some reason, maybe it's because of my insomnia (I work night shift and am off tonight, BUT I slept from noon to 6pm yesterday, which messed up my "days off sleeping pattern" argh).

I realized that I never posted our proposal story! I whipped it up a while back for our wedding website, so here it is copied and pasted. I also attached the wall posts on our Facebook pages that a friend of ours captured. His wall wasn't captured correctly, but you get the idea! Enjoy!

It was my weekend to work at Kaiser, and I headed back home on the morning of Monday, July 18 thinking I was going straight to bed for my last night of work. I was wrong...

I was so tired that I went to sleep right away, but around 2 in the afternoon, someone knocked at our door. I got out of bed and it was Armando's mom. She told me I had to get ready because I had to take her to the hospital. Mind you, she said this very nonchalantly, so I assumed she needed to be driven for a routine appointment. I told her I wasn't available because I have work that night, but she kept insisting that I take her despite me trying to suggest other people to take her. She told me to call in sick, but I told her I couldn't because I was so new at my job, I didn't want to risk calling in sick so soon! I texted Armando to find out if he knew about this, and all he texted back was, "I don't have time for this. If my mom tells you to do something, do it." WHAT?!

Finally after an hour or so, I checked my Facebook and a "?" image posted onto my wall as well as Armando's. I immediately thought, "Oh, his account must've been hacked" and brushed it off. A few minutes later an "e" posted with the following message, "Every time I tried planning a surprise, you picked up an extra shift to work!" I was a little irritated because that night wasn't an extra shift for me, it was a regularly scheduled shift at work, so I responded saying just that!

A few more minutes pass an an "m" is posted on my wall with the caption, "Maybe you should call in sick tonight. ;-)" I still wasn't convinced until a "y" was posted and read, "Your ride will be at the condo between 3-3:30. He will call on your cell. Be sure to take a pic for me!" And that's when I knew it was time to get ready!

I was, in fact, picked up by Greg, who took me to the city in style! He picked me up in a stretch limo all to myself. With sparking wine to boot! I knew we were on our way to San Francisco because of what some of the wall posts implied, but didn't know exactly where.

We made it there in no time and I was so nervous! We pulled up to the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. I walked into the lobby and all of the employees were staring at me! I checked-in and received a single rose, a card with a short poem in it written by Armando, and a key to room 4111, which was on the 41st floor.

I ended up sharing the elevator with someone who commented on how pretty the flower was. He asked me, "What's the occasion?" I told him, "I think my boyfriend is proposing to me today!" His eyes lit up and he shared that he was in a happy marriage of 10 years. He wished me luck, but more luck for Armando because he said he knew he'd be more nervous!

I get out of the elevator and on either side of me are glass windows that look out into the city. It was so pretty. Foggy, but still so mesmerizing. I opened the door to the room and John Legend was playing in the background. Rose petals were sprinkled on the floor and there was a table ahead with a single peony in a vase. I stopped in the entrance way and started crying. I didn't see Armando at this point because he was around the corner. He peeked around and saw me crying, so he pulled me over to the couch, told me that I didn't have to say, "Yes" if I didn't want to (he thought because I was crying that I was going to say, "No!"). Then he got down on his knees and asked me to marry him!

We celebrated with dinner at Jardinière! Perfect way to end the day...

DW Siggy Challenge
Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Happy Friday! Our Engagement Story with PIP!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards