Hawaii
Options

Bored at Work! Now Freaking out @23 days to go!

My work project that started in March is coming to a close. The contractors are here and working my punch list and I am sitting on my butt exhausted and surfing the net for wedding stuff. 
This is not good because I am starting to freak out. We are 23 days out and leave in 18. Wow!
When we changed our date due to this project I was so upset and thought I will never make it that far, now I want more time. lol Ok not really. Most everything has been done since last spring. I know once we arrive, heck once I get comfortable in the air, I will relax and just let it all fall into place. 
Those of you that are close, how are you feeling? 
Those of you that are already married did you worry about all the details? Did you have freak out moments? 

Re: Bored at Work! Now Freaking out @23 days to go!

• Options
    We aren't that close but I can tell you when you step off the plane in Hawaii you will breathe a HUGE sigh of relief. I swear there is something in the air here that just makes you relax and not sweat the small stuff. Before we moved here I worked in corporate America and was always freaking out all the time if things went wrong. But since living here, and literally since the first day we got here, it's like a complete 180*. I'm sure the next few weeks will fly by!
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh I'm so excited for that 180! Even if it's only for 2 weeks :) I was telling my FI just the other day that we should shut our phones off after the wedding day so we can have atleast 1 1/2 weeks of being unplugged, I cant wait!!!
  • Options
    I am usually pretty good about keeping calm and everyone around me relaxed, but I do have my moments. Part of it is the flight. I hate to fly and to add to it FH hates to sit.  In the last three years of dating him I don't think I have seen that man sit for more than an hour or two. He drove me crazy on a two hour flight last year. Thinking lots of movies. It will help that my kids and a few friends will be on the flight and we are all sitting together. 
    @Allison, I am excited for the 180 also! FH's daughter is due with her first baby on the 3rd. If it is here by then the phones are going off right after the wedding and will only be turned on once to make sure my kids land safe and sound at home the next evening. I so look forward to alone time and not being bothered. 
  • Options
    It's amazing!! I am definitely a fan of unplugging. We are so hooked up these days with constant access to work, friends, family, etc.

FI and I have started a new thing this month where once a week we have a night where we completely unplug- no phone, tv, ipad, internet, computer, etc.... it has been so nice! It's definitely a good way to reconnect and relax (even if we are already in Hawaii)

I think you will find if a lot of your friends/family are on the east coast they will realize you are in completely different time zones but I think unplugging after your wedding is a good idea. Maybe designate 30 minutes every few days if you need to to check emails and messages, etc. but other than that no phones!
  • Options
    @Knockout, We do the same but instead of a whole day, 5 nights a week everything goes off at 5:30. We take a walk and sometimes talk, others we just hold hands and walk. The two nights are left for sports, movies and if I need to follow up on emails for work/wedding/friends. 
    I cleaned up my FB a few weeks ago and my cousins wife went through the roof because I "defriended" her. lol. She is one to post what color scone she had for lunch, Really! Anyway she was so upset. Called my Mom asked what she had done wrong. lol. Ok they live two blocks away and you have my cell. Why not call me and ask me what was up? Some people don't know how to disconnect. 
  • Options
    I love that you do that! I don't think I could convince FI to go 5 nights a week... I'm starting small haha. Maybe someday...

I'm with you on the FB thing too. I do that all the time and sometimes deactivate for a few weeks. Some of the stuff people post on there is crazy. I don't really need to know what you had for lunch or when you are taking a shower! It's funny I always find out who my friends are when I do that because then they will start calling/texting to see how I am. I'm thinking with the election coming up I will have to do it again soon because of all the political posts now. The only reason I really keep it is because we are 6 hours behind everyone so it makes it a little easier to keep up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards