Hawaii

TK rant and a BIG MAHALO to the HI brides

Not sure how many of you venture beyond the Hawaii page, but......it's SCARY out there.  Frankly, the girls are just big bitches.  Instead of being helpful they just jump down people's throats to tell them that they're rude (if they want to register for certain things) or that any non-traditional idea is creative or tacky.  Depending on the topic, they will just ATTACK, not realizing how innocent the question was.  (I thought the thread on butterfly releases was going to end in bloodshed.)  And they're 'side-eyeing' everything.  WTF?  It's like the worst of high-school.  But worse.

So, THANK YOU to the HI brides for being a totally different, truly helpful, and genuinely supportive - even when you don't love the ideas that others pose.  After all, at the end of the wedding day, aren't we each supposed to say that we wouldn't have done anything differently?  Shouldn't we all think the way we chose to do it was best (just like everyone thinks their own baby is cutest)? 

Seriously, it's really unpleasant out there.  Avoid at all costs.  There's much more compelling drama on TV.

Re: TK rant and a BIG MAHALO to the HI brides

• jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Your right! I usually only come here and the DW board! It is scary out there!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • It is scary out there. Especially the etiquette board. I always stuck to HI and DW too.
  • I have only come to the Hawaii Board, but have been on community boards outside The Knot and have come across this issue. I have been very impressed with this board (HI) and come and take a look everyday and feel comfortable enough to offer my 2 cents.
  • I agree with you! I have perused the other boards and it is scary. So tempted to tell other brides off, but I have some selfcontrol! lol. And I must say thanks to all of you for being so awesome!!! : makes the planning process so much nicer.
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree!! I posted outside of this board and the budget weddings board ONCE and ended up crying they were so mean. No thanks! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • I have posted a bit on other boards but I mainly post on the DW and HI boards where people are happy and helpful!   I still am shocked everyday by how unpleasant some people can be on some of the boards.  I just don't see the point of it.
    imageAnniversary
  • I agree completely.  I stick to the Hawaii board and the June 2012 board (they are opinionated, but not bitches...rather fun actually!)  Everywhere else is too unpleasant (and strange) for me!!

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I only post here and the NEY, I started off over there just before getting engaged and have made friends in NEY.  That board though has topics that go from one of the spectrum to the other and I can tell you that if a girl comes in talking about planning her wedding before the she and her boyfriend talk about getting engaged she will get her ass handed to her.  Yeah..... I really appreciate this board, I think we're much more mellow here.  But I do agree there are some boards I'm just scared to venture into.  So I stick to these two. 
  • Very true! I on;y go on this board and the destination board. No one bites heads off on either of these two boards.
  • One of my good friends modded the Etiquette board for a few years. Oh the drama!

This board has always been one of the chilled ones. =)
  • I would like to update everyone on the June 2012 board.  In the last week, we have now had 2 brides go crazy, start singling out girls and completely losing it and then leaving The Knot.  One of them even went so far as to go to some bride's personal planning blog's or pinterest pages to leave nasty comments!  I think they brides are losing it....

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards