Hawaii
Options

Maui ceremony music

Soooo, we have a dj booked from the point of our cocktails and throughout the reception (so 5-10pm).  We were thinking of getting a guitarist or duo hired for our ceremony plus play a bit later to ease everyone into cocktails (so 2 hrs max).

Anyone have any recommendations on someone who could play great background music?  We are finding this search harder then we thought.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maui ceremony music

• Options
    mauidandymauidandy member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Which island is your wedding on? We hired Jamie Lawrence (Maui) to do our ceremony music/cocktail hour music, and he was wonderful. He will play almost any song, and if he doesn't know it he will learn songs in advance for a small fee. He's really popular on this board.
    andrea and ryan . june 2010 . maui.olowalu
    My Planning Bio
  • Options
    Jamie sounded good...but for May 15th, he is booked:(
  • Options
    We're using Josh Kahula for our Olowalu wedding in three weeks, he was our wedding planner's #1 choice! She raved about him and his velvety voice so we booked him!
    Good Luck!
    Lees
  • Options
    We have been recommended Marvin Tevaga by our restaurant.  We have booked him as I liked his music list and the few youtube videos I saw of his.  He is charging us $300 for 1 hour or $250/hr for more than one hour.
  • Options
    We've also booked Marvin for our wedding in 2 weeks, and I'm so excited. We listened to his songs on YouTube and were instantly sold. Check out his renditions of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Sunday Morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards